Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ken Rockwell's Fifteen Feet - Portrait Lenses  (Read 166771 times)

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
Re: Ken Rockwell's Fifteen Feet - Portrait Lenses
« Reply #180 on: June 11, 2013, 10:42:08 pm »

Wow.  We're up to ten pages!  We'll be sending his kids to college.

smthopr

• Bruce Alan Greene Cinematography
« Reply #181 on: July 20, 2013, 03:21:24 pm »

I've just browsed through this thread purely for entertainment.

I also read KRs blog for the same reason. He's a professional blogger, not a pro photographer. He occasionally creates a nice image and sometimes slips in some profound thoughts about photography.

He's a photography enthusiast writing for his peers. Not for the serious photographers here on LL.

His reviews are hardly scientific, but if enjoys some piece of equipment, maybe there's something to it?

Anyways guys, thanks for helping me while a way half an hour today!!!
Bruce Alan Greene
www.brucealangreene.com

TimG

« Reply #182 on: July 25, 2013, 09:41:10 pm »

This entire thread can be summed up in one word: MONEY.

Jeff, Andrew, Ken are all...wait for it...greedy assholes.

They each have something to gain from the success of their respective websites/products/services etc. They want you to drink their Kool Aid and have spent the better part of their careers getting people to listen to them and buy their stuff. be it books, workshops, or whatever.

This is nothing more than a pissing match with Andrew and Jeff (who are business partners) against Ken.  Ken says stuff that makes people question whether or not they should buy into what Andrew or Jeff are selling.

MODERATOR's NOTE: and you are...wait for it...banned from further posts
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 09:15:09 am by Chris Sanderson »

Bryan Conner

• My Flickr page
« Reply #183 on: July 26, 2013, 12:25:24 am »

They each have something to gain from the success of their respective websites/products/services etc. They want you to drink their Kool Aid and have spent the better part of their careers getting people to listen to them and buy their stuff. be it books, workshops, or whatever.

This is nothing more than a pissing match with Andrew and Jeff (who are business partners) against Ken.  Ken says stuff that makes people question whether or not they should buy into what Andrew or Jeff are selling.

Hmmmm.....how do you explain the fact that Andrew and Jeff both share their knowledge and advice here on this FREE forum?  They both answer questions very frequently.  I think you are out of line for calling anyone "greedy a**holes".  If you ever have worked and gotten paid money for your work, then you are absolutely no different than Andrew, or Jeff.  And, by the way, I do not think that this is a pissing match.  Jeff and Andrew have simply stated that Ken Rockwell puts out a lot of questionable (at the least) information.  Ken Rockwell himself states on his own webpage (in the About section) that some of the information on his website is a hoax and to not believe everything that he says.  Jeff and Andrew are only agreeing with Ken.  I think that Ken is absolutely correct on this topic.  I trust him in that respect.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 12:29:44 am by Bryan Conner »

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #184 on: July 26, 2013, 01:00:43 am »

Hi,

Look here, this is a personal attack and does not belong on a site like this.

Neither Andrew nor Jeff use this forums for selling their books but for sharing their knowledge.

Best regards
Erik

This is nothing more than a pissing match with Andrew and Jeff (who are business partners) against Ken.  Ken says stuff that makes people question whether or not they should buy into what Andrew or Jeff are selling.

Erik Kaffehr

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #185 on: July 26, 2013, 01:03:23 am »

Ken says stuff that makes people question whether or not they should buy into what Andrew or Jeff are selling.

Got any proof that Ken is right and Andrew and I are wrong? Anything? Something?

SunnyUK

« Reply #186 on: July 26, 2013, 04:16:35 am »

I guess you think the same about our host Michael who promotes his $15k trip to Antarctica on this website?

In fact... you could say it about any professional endeavour. People do stuff in order to get money so they can buy food and put a roof over their families' heads. It's not greedy. It's survival. IMHO the fact that someone has been able to make an income year after year doing something makes me trust that he or she might actually know something about it. I'm far more weary of fly-by-night websites, training courses, etc, which pops up, pretends to be the bees' knees, and then disappears after 12 months when the hobbyist running them decides to spend more time on his or her real job.

It's not being a greedy *****, it's being a realist!

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #187 on: July 26, 2013, 09:27:03 am »

Brought to us by yet another anonymous poster (no wonder), who has nothing to add and apparently doesn't make any money (trust fund hippie?).

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

michael

« Reply #188 on: September 05, 2013, 09:13:40 am »

This thread has been closed and TimG has been banned.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Up