Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: H3D - Aperture  (Read 2136 times)

Bruce MacNeil

H3D - Aperture
« on: May 14, 2008, 08:24:39 pm »

I like Aperture and I want to use the H3D and process the files with Aperture. Is anyone doing this? Comments?

Thanks - B
Bruce MacNeil PhD; M. Div.; M.Fol.

Jeff-Grant

• http://www.jeff-grant.com
H3D - Aperture
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2008, 08:38:46 pm »

I want to use it too, a lot. With Aperture, I can look at FFF files along with TIF and PSD, which is an enormous advantage for me. I tried the latest version and hit 2 showstoppers very quickly:

1. There is an OS X bug which prevents it from displaying some layered PSD files
2. and the real showstopper. The Loupe tool doesn't work with most FFF images on an Imac. I bought my Imac late last year, so it is a current model.

According to Apple, they know of the Loupe problem but weren't quoting any time when they might fix it.

I guess that I will keep trying it occasionally in the hope that they may fix it. Odd that I would think that this couldn't happen with hardware and software from the same company.

Cheers,
Jeff

I like Aperture and I want to use the H3D and process the files with Aperture. Is anyone doing this? Comments?

Thanks - B
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=195798\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 08:39:28 pm by Jeff-Grant »
Cheers,
 Jeff  www.jeff-grant.com

Snook

H3D - Aperture
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 10:29:05 pm »

I want to use it too, a lot. With Aperture, I can look at FFF files along with TIF and PSD, which is an enormous advantage for me. I tried the latest version and hit 2 showstoppers very quickly:

1. There is an OS X bug which prevents it from displaying some layered PSD files
2. and the real showstopper. The Loupe tool doesn't work with most FFF images on an Imac. I bought my Imac late last year, so it is a current model.

According to Apple, they know of the Loupe problem but weren't quoting any time when they might fix it.

I guess that I will keep trying it occasionally in the hope that they may fix it. Odd that I would think that this couldn't happen with hardware and software from the same company.

Cheers,
Jeff
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=195802\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Lightroom?

Jeff-Grant

• http://www.jeff-grant.com
H3D - Aperture
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2008, 03:39:11 am »

AFAIK, Lightroom does not Hasselblad FFF files. That is the enormous appeal of Aperture for me. I can get sufficient quality for most things straight from Aperture without the TIF or JPG conversion kerfuffle.

Lightroom?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=195814\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Cheers,
 Jeff  www.jeff-grant.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up