Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HP B9180 Printer Plug-ins and CS3  (Read 2169 times)

ChrisS

HP B9180 Printer Plug-ins and CS3
« on: May 14, 2008, 05:07:10 pm »

I'm excitedly loading the software for my B9180 onto my new apple laptop, and the message 'We could not find a valid version of Photoshop to install the HP Photosmart Pro-Print Plug-ins into' appears. I have CS3 loaded on the machine - I previously had PS7, and had no problems loading the software.
Are the plug-ins not made to work with CS3? Or is it to do with OS X 5?
(Apologies if this is the wrong forum for this question - not sure where it should be.)
Thanks
Chris

APOLOGIES! In my excitement, I did this the wrong way round - I found the following on the HP site:

Issue
The HP Pro print plug-in for Photosmart Printers does not function in Adobe Photoshop CS3.
Solution
The Photosmart Pro print plug-in is not supported in Photoshop CS3.
HP and Adobe have worked to improve the built-in print workflow in Photoshop CS3.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 05:24:55 pm by ChrisS »

neil snape

• http://www.neilsnape.com
HP B9180 Printer Plug-ins and CS3
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 02:00:24 am »

I'm excitedly loading the software for my B9180 onto my new apple laptop, and the message 'We could not find a valid version of Photoshop to install the HP Photosmart Pro-Print Plug-ins into' appears. I have CS3 loaded on the machine - I previously had PS7, and had no problems loading the software.
Are the plug-ins not made to work with CS3? Or is it to do with OS X 5?
(Apologies if this is the wrong forum for this question - not sure where it should be.)
Thanks
Chris

APOLOGIES! In my excitement, I did this the wrong way round - I found the following on the HP site:

Issue
The HP Pro print plug-in for Photosmart Printers does not function in Adobe Photoshop CS3.
Solution
The Photosmart Pro print plug-in is not supported in Photoshop CS3.
HP and Adobe have worked to improve the built-in print workflow in Photoshop CS3.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=195781\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Adobe made a color managed preview window and placement easier than before. Although this in theory is good, the HP/Adobe plug in is targeted expressly for the 9180 and is simply better.

It still can be copied and works in most part on both Mac and PC.

On my site there are some instructions on doing so. Just be aware that you use it at your own risk (which isn't any more than some minor details or functionality missing from the plug in window).
Pages: [1]   Go Up