Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Capture One 4.1 Released  (Read 9267 times)

jonstewart

Capture One 4.1 Released
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2008, 06:12:05 pm »

Anybody having issues with RGB conversion to jpeg? I'm finding mine underexposed and washed out.

Any ideas, or is it just me?
Jon Stewart
 If only life were so simple.

Leonardo Barreto

• http://leonardobarreto.com/
Capture One 4.1 Released
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2008, 11:46:54 am »

ok, I downloaded 4.1 and tethered it to my AFD/P25 and works just fine. I like the new interface it gives you Exposure Evaluation with a very elegant histogram... you can shoot even if you are not at the Exposure interface -- you can be at "Histogram", "color", etc-- by pressing apple and k.

What I have yet to find is the lens correction tool....

where is it??
[font=Comic Sa

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
Capture One 4.1 Released
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2008, 12:03:31 pm »

Can you use the color editor in 3.78 and then apply the profiles in 4.1?
Rolleiflex USA

TMARK

Capture One 4.1 Released
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2008, 12:31:47 pm »

ok, I downloaded 4.1 and tethered it to my AFD/P25 and works just fine. I like the new interface it gives you Exposure Evaluation with a very elegant histogram... you can shoot even if you are not at the Exposure interface -- you can be at "Histogram", "color", etc-- by pressing apple and k.

What I have yet to find is the lens correction tool....

where is it??
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=196106\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Lens correction tool is under the color tab at the bottom.  I'm still not sure what it does.  It has three presets: 28mm, 35mm, and 45mm.  It does something, I'm not sure what. I haven't had the time to really look at processed tiffs, but I will this weekend.

I do wish it corrected distortion like Flexcolor.

Snook

Capture One 4.1 Released
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2008, 02:38:27 pm »

Lens correction tool is under the color tab at the bottom.  I'm still not sure what it does.  It has three presets: 28mm, 35mm, and 45mm.  It does something, I'm not sure what. I haven't had the time to really look at processed tiffs, but I will this weekend.

I do wish it corrected distortion like Flexcolor.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=196116\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Does it or will it ever have Full Screen capturing with just having the image and or one tool on screen? Or Dual screen capabilities??
Thanks for all the Information.
Do you find tethering faster,smoother, the same?? Thanks
Snook

clawery

• http://www.captureintegration.com  / www.chrislawery.com
Capture One 4.1 Released
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2008, 05:09:45 pm »

Does it or will it ever have Full Screen capturing with just having the image and or one tool on screen? Or Dual screen capabilities??
Thanks for all the Information.
Do you find tethering faster,smoother, the same?? Thanks
Snook
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You will get dual screen capabilities when the Pro version is released. I'm still testing different machines to see what speeds are like.

Chris Lawery
Sales Manager
chris@captureintegration.com
[a href=\"http://www.captureintegration.com]Capture Integration, Phase One Dealer of the Year[/url]

877-217-9870 | National
404-234-5195 | Cell  

Leonardo Barreto

• http://leonardobarreto.com/
Capture One 4.1 Released
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2008, 10:36:12 pm »

I saw the lens correction tool, it is just two check marks in the color tab.

Two things regarding this.

I opened a file of captured images with my Mamiya AFD (I only use Mamiya AF lenses, 35,150,80 and 45mm) it reads: "UNSUPPORTED"

Since the lenses should be supported and are not being so, I can assume that the problem is because I captured with C1 3xx instead of C1 4 and the files are not backward compatible.

This is sad since It would be nice to go back and re-process images...

The other thing is that what I really need to correct in my lenses more than anything is BARREL distortion. Even the 80mm has some... so. Another sad development to see that it is not there and that who knows if it will ever be there.

Thing would be fantastic if we had barrel distortion made specific for Mamiya lenses, and ... while we are at it, PC correction.

Something like this: Edit>Transform>Skew
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 10:36:40 pm by Leonardo Barreto »
[font=Comic Sa

TMARK

Capture One 4.1 Released
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2008, 10:59:59 pm »

I saw the lens correction tool, it is just two check marks in the color tab.

Two things regarding this.

I opened a file of captured images with my Mamiya AFD (I only use Mamiya AF lenses, 35,150,80 and 45mm) it reads: "UNSUPPORTED"

Since the lenses should be supported and are not being so, I can assume that the problem is because I captured with C1 3xx instead of C1 4 and the files are not backward compatible.

This is sad since It would be nice to go back and re-process images...

The other thing is that what I really need to correct in my lenses more than anything is BARREL distortion. Even the 80mm has some... so. Another sad development to see that it is not there and that who knows if it will ever be there.

Thing would be fantastic if we had barrel distortion made specific for Mamiya lenses, and ... while we are at it, PC correction.

Something like this: Edit>Transform>Skew
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=196201\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'll look at files shot teathered with version 3.X  Thus far no "UNSUPPORTED" messages. I really only have one lens that suffers from bad CA, and that's the 150 3.5, and that is wide open.  I'm concerned with barrel distortion myself and hope its in the Pro version. If not I'm going to switch to my RZ, as everything is nice and flat with those lenses.

clawery

• http://www.captureintegration.com  / www.chrislawery.com
Capture One 4.1 Released
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2008, 10:09:46 am »

I'll look at files shot teathered with version 3.X  Thus far no "UNSUPPORTED" messages. I really only have one lens that suffers from bad CA, and that's the 150 3.5, and that is wide open.  I'm concerned with barrel distortion myself and hope its in the Pro version. If not I'm going to switch to my RZ, as everything is nice and flat with those lenses.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You could take the RAW and place it into C1 4.1 and take out the CA.  Currently the adjustments that you did in C1 3.7.8 don't transfer to C1 4.1.  I tried the new Phase One camera with the Mamiya 28 mm and it really did take care of CA on the edges using C1 4.1.  I've heard about the barrel distortion, but have not seen it at work yet.

Chris Lawery
Sales Manager
[a href=\"http://www.captureintegration.com]Capture Integration, Phase One Dealer of the Year[/url]

877-217-9870 | National
404-234-5195 | Cell  

TMARK

Capture One 4.1 Released
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2008, 10:17:56 am »

You could take the RAW and place it into C1 4.1 and take out the CA.  Currently the adjustments that you did in C1 3.7.8 don't transfer to C1 4.1.  I tried the new Phase One camera with the Mamiya 28 mm and it really did take care of CA on the edges using C1 4.1.  I've heard about the barrel distortion, but have not seen it at work yet.

Chris Lawery
Sales Manager
Capture Integration, Phase One Dealer of the Year

877-217-9870 | National
404-234-5195 | Cell 
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=196553\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Chris,

I take it that distortion correction is in the pipeline? That would be awesome.  Really.

And yes, C1 4.1 really, really cleans up CA.  Very impressive.  

I am still impressed with the speed of processing. I was shooting tethered in C1 3.7.  I processed a few P30 files and couldn't believe how slow 3.7 is compared to C1 4.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up