Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Innovatronix Exporer XT  (Read 4394 times)

amsp

Innovatronix Exporer XT
« on: May 14, 2008, 04:00:00 am »

Has anyone used one of these with a Profoto Pro-6/7 2400Ws? What kind of performance can I expect?

Mark Regan

• http://
Innovatronix Exporer XT
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2008, 10:09:02 am »

Used with a Profoto Acute 1200, recycling is about 3 sec

Jason F

Innovatronix Exporer XT
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 11:02:30 am »

ASMP-

Realize that the Innovatronix is only rated for 1000 watts it is I beleive (I have one that I use with my Acutes, but never "full up").

So, you'll be limited to about 40% of the regular output of your Pro6/Pro7 packs....

The better alternative if you're wanting that much juice is one of the Honda 2000 put-put genny's. They're awesome little guys, and they're man portable. (Or, if you need more power, step up to the 3000, though it's a bit more cumbersome due to size/weight)

ruraltrekker

Innovatronix Exporer XT
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 11:16:14 am »

My Innovatronix just died. Not sure why - I always had it charging when not in use as they recommend. Was on a long out of town shoot with it and it just wouldn't work the one time we needed it. Got back from the shoot and it wouldn't take a charge and makes noises that definitely say "don't leave me alone". Not worth fixing and I will not replace.

I agree that a genie is a better way to go. Yes you have the issues of gasoline but they can give you the power & run a much longer time.

The Innovatronix in the end was a waste of money. I now use my two genies instead.

Ken

TMARK

Innovatronix Exporer XT
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2008, 11:32:09 am »

I used my Explorer about three times with an Acute 1200.  Worked like a charm.  I have a ProB2 now so I haven't used it in a while.

Snook

Innovatronix Exporer XT
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2008, 01:11:09 pm »

I would highly advise looking at the Vagabond 2 from Paul Buff (despite the fact it is dog ass ugly). It packs quite a punch. I have run a Comet CL-1250 pack on full along with 2-1000W monolights and it recycled all that in about 4 seconds or so. The first Vagabond worked, but just didn't have the recharge speed and length of battery life as the second version.

I have run Acute 1200, Dynalite packs, Comet 1250 and 1000w monolights from the Vagabond. They work fine, recharge relatively quickly (not fashion quick). It's a steal at $299.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=195732\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
DO the gas generators have to be at least 2000K?
Where I live they have only 1000 k generators.. but from what I am told it won't work right?
Can I use a 500 watt second flash with a 1000K generator?
Did not want to start another thread so thought I would ask here
Thanks
Snook

amsp

Innovatronix Exporer XT
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2008, 01:43:02 pm »

ASMP-

Realize that the Innovatronix is only rated for 1000 watts it is I beleive (I have one that I use with my Acutes, but never "full up").

So, you'll be limited to about 40% of the regular output of your Pro6/Pro7 packs....

The better alternative if you're wanting that much juice is one of the Honda 2000 put-put genny's. They're awesome little guys, and they're man portable. (Or, if you need more power, step up to the 3000, though it's a bit more cumbersome due to size/weight)
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=195704\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Actually the XT is recommended up to 2400Ws.

ruraltrekker

Innovatronix Exporer XT
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2008, 04:06:28 pm »

Where I live they have only 1000 k generators.. but from what I am told it won't work right?
Thanks
Snook
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=195740\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Well you really want to look at the amps that the pack draws and the amp capacity of the genie. In your example 500 watts means nothing in sizing it with a genie. Now say that the pack draws 10 amps when it cycles you would need a 1500 watt genie to run that pack (1500 watts = 12.5 amps, which gives a little breathing room). I am in the US and using US terms, so you Brits may have different "mileage".

BTW, I have a 30 amp genie (3500 watts) that can run a few Dyna Lite packs without even a jiggle. And the portables come even bigger than this in the US.

Ken

tadeuzjalocha

• http://www.themonkeystudio.com
Innovatronix Exporer XT
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2008, 11:14:27 pm »

Thanks
Snook
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=195740\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I do have a Yamaha EG2800i and it powers up to 3 1000Ws Monolights. At maximum power it "complains" (red overcharge led turns on) but i doesn't stop the motor.
There is of course no problem in using less lights or less powerful ones, but for your equipment's sake look for the i-models ( inverter models ) the inverter models give better energy quality, handle overload better, you can run your laptop from it, etc...
Pages: [1]   Go Up