Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: z3100 oops replacement  (Read 2817 times)

Natermo

• http://www.suncrestdigital.com
z3100 oops replacement
« on: May 13, 2008, 09:46:04 pm »

My first problem with my z3100 44" printer.  The OOPS or out of paper sensor failed 2 weeks after my 1 year warranty ran out.  I don't do enough volume to justify the extended warranty but oh well.  I found the part number on HP's website and since I have the service manual it was easy to replace and HP sent the part within 5 days.  The cost of the sensor was $30.  The biggest problem with this is if your sensor fails, you cant print period (unless you are brave enough to try jumpering this sensor (I'm not)).  Just keep in mind you might want to order one of these just in case.

Nathaniel Morse-Dayton

neil snape

• http://www.neilsnape.com
z3100 oops replacement
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2008, 01:51:50 am »

My first problem with my z3100 44" printer.  The OOPS or out of paper sensor failed 2 weeks after my 1 year warranty ran out.  I don't do enough volume to justify the extended warranty but oh well.  I found the part number on HP's website and since I have the service manual it was easy to replace and HP sent the part within 5 days.  The cost of the sensor was $30.  The biggest problem with this is if your sensor fails, you cant print period (unless you are brave enough to try jumpering this sensor (I'm not)).  Just keep in mind you might want to order one of these just in case.

Nathaniel Morse-Dayton
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=195608\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
The price is reasonable, and as it should be , the part is easy to install. I said jokingly a while back that there should be a spare included in the box. Seriously , as long as HP get it into the books for tech support, detail how to do this on their site, or better yet send out a doc in their newsletters, it really should be a trivial matter.

Rockarchive.com

z3100 oops replacement
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 12:41:29 pm »

I have also had a problem along these lines, 3 weeks after the warranty ran out. An error appears that says reload paper, but there is no paper in there! I have read about cleaning the sensors, also downloaded the service manual (but it won't open the files on my mac) I went to take the back of the printer off to expose the sensor but the bolts are using a different screw driver. What have you all done to get these screws out?

Please help!

neil snape

• http://www.neilsnape.com
z3100 oops replacement
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2008, 12:47:59 pm »

I have also had a problem along these lines, 3 weeks after the warranty ran out. An error appears that says reload paper, but there is no paper in there! I have read about cleaning the sensors, also downloaded the service manual (but it won't open the files on my mac) I went to take the back of the printer off to expose the sensor but the bolts are using a different screw driver. What have you all done to get these screws out?

Please help!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=217586\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
They are called Torx or T screw drivers . HP use essentially 6, 8, 10, and sometimes T 12 screws.
Many cases , you can use hex wrenches place of screw drivers. Torx

Rockarchive.com

z3100 oops replacement
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2008, 07:49:09 am »

They are called Torx or T screw drivers . HP use essentially 6, 8, 10, and sometimes T 12 screws.
Many cases , you can use hex wrenches place of screw drivers. Torx
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=217587\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

That's amazing! THANKS! I will not let this sensor beat me, I just hope that is the problem.
Pages: [1]   Go Up