Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mamiya 645 + V lens adapter  (Read 3679 times)

Henry Goh

Mamiya 645 + V lens adapter
« on: May 13, 2008, 05:52:47 am »

I'm wondering if there is anybody who has used old Hasselblad V lenses such as the 120mm Makro of the 150mm f/4 Sonnar on their Mamiya AFD or AFDII with a V lens adapter?  I'm keen to use this combination but have not actually seen this adapter.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

yyapp

• Not Safe For Work
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 02:26:04 pm »

Henry,
I have used the 150mm, the 80mm and a 350mm, all FE, with an adapter bought off eBay, not the Mamiya branded one, I forget the brand name but could be the one from Fotodiox? (sorry I don't have it with me now).
I have found no fault with it. Obviously, you have to meter stopped down. I have used the lenses for portraiture so I haven't checked if all of them focus to infinity (I have read that some people have complained in some cases about that but I can't neither confirm nor deny it from my experience).
Hope this helps,
Rafa

http://www.yyapp.com

I'm wondering if there is anybody who has used old Hasselblad V lenses such as the 120mm Makro of the 150mm f/4 Sonnar on their Mamiya AFD or AFDII with a V lens adapter?  I'm keen to use this combination but have not actually seen this adapter.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=195430\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

collum

• http://www.jcollum.com
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 05:22:39 pm »

I'm wondering if there is anybody who has used old Hasselblad V lenses such as the 120mm Makro of the 150mm f/4 Sonnar on their Mamiya AFD or AFDII with a V lens adapter?  I'm keen to use this combination but have not actually seen this adapter.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=195430\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

i own the mamiya version, and 3 copies of the fotodiox (the ebay speical one).

none of the cheaper ones will focus to infinity on any V lens.. the Mamiya version works like a charm (however.. price difference is $70 vs $500)

i've tried it on the 40mm distagon, 110mm f2 planar, 150/3.5, 180/4
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 05:24:37 pm by collum »

pindman

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2008, 08:55:46 pm »

I just received the new Mamiya adapter.  The 40mm Distagon and 180mm Sonnar are excellent.  But not better than the Mamiya 80mm, which is also excellent.

The 110mm is another story.  Performance is poor.  I'll have to look into it further.  I don't see anything wrong with the lens, and it was fine with film (albeit over 10 years ago).

All in all, I don't think the Zeiss lenses (which I LOVE with film) are better than the Mamiya, and are certainly less convenient.

Henry Goh

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2008, 10:01:03 pm »

Thank you guys.
Pages: [1]   Go Up