Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any Suggestions for a Small Problem?  (Read 3549 times)

russell a

• www.russarmstrong.com
Any Suggestions for a Small Problem?
« on: May 12, 2008, 06:26:44 pm »

I have a Sony Artisan Monitor which I am nursing along as long as it holds up.  The only problem is, when it comes time (every 30 days) to recalibrate, the spider doesn't stick to the monitor screen.  I have tried cleaning the monitor glass and moistening the suction cups on the spider.  No go.  I end up holding the spider against the monitor while calibration takes place.  Not the end of the world, certainly, but inconvenient.  Any suggestions?

Nill Toulme

• http://www.toulmephoto.com
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 07:07:22 pm »

I always held my Spyder against the CRT screen while it did its thing, and then later held my Eye One Display 2 the same way.  One of the nice things about LCDs is you can tilt them way back and just let the puck rest on top of the screen.  Much more relaxing.  ;-)

Nill
~~
www.toulme.net

JDClements

• http://www.jdanielclements.com
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2008, 08:00:53 pm »

One of the nice things about LCDs is you can tilt them way back and just let the puck rest on top of the screen.  Much more relaxing.  ;-)
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=195306\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Doh! I feel like an idiot for sitting there holding mine on the screen. Thanks for the tip!

walter.sk

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2008, 07:22:35 pm »

I have a Sony Artisan Monitor which I am nursing along as long as it holds up.  The only problem is, when it comes time (every 30 days) to recalibrate, the spider doesn't stick to the monitor screen.  I have tried cleaning the monitor glass and moistening the suction cups on the spider.  No go.  I end up holding the spider against the monitor while calibration takes place.  Not the end of the world, certainly, but inconvenient.  Any suggestions?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=195300\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I use a CRT.  Since the instructions say I should clean the screen with a lint free cloth moistened with water, I tried moistening the suction cups with a barely damped cloth.  It stuck well, and left almost no marks.  The screen cleaned up quite easily.
Pages: [1]   Go Up