Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PC to Apple Platform Printer Problems  (Read 1783 times)

StuartOnline

• Travels Photographer Stuart Schaefer
PC to Apple Platform Printer Problems
« on: May 11, 2008, 09:09:06 am »

The other day I change platforms from PC to Apple.  Purchased an Apple MacBook Pro running Leopard.

Problem is with printing with Canon IPF5000 I no longer have a printer control panel like I had with Windows. So when I click on print setup via Lightrbroom or any other program I get nothing like I did with Windows. No paper size, type (like roll paper), etc.   This is even after installing all the Mac XO updates from the Canon Website. It prints but I never know what I am going to get.

This is setup via Wireless and the Mac had no problem finding the printer.  Even tried running USB but had the same problem.  No printer control panel.

I am new to Mac so am I missing something here?

Thanks,

Stu

tomrock

• http://tomrockwell.com
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2008, 09:40:13 am »

Is there a little button with a triangle on it to the right of your printer name? Click that. That's how it works with Epson printers, I'm not sure about Canon.

StuartOnline

• Travels Photographer Stuart Schaefer
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2008, 10:02:25 am »

Is there a little button with a triangle on it to the right of your printer name? Click that. That's how it works with Epson printers, I'm not sure about Canon.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=195000\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks for the reply.

I think I have figured it out.  With the pop Window that appears after clicking on Printer Setup there are some drop down menus. I have now found all the settings needed including roll paper setup, color and so on.  I guess I just have to get use to the fact things are different  with setting when running on Mac.
Pages: [1]   Go Up