Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Activation of US version of lightroom in Europe  (Read 4268 times)

MoreThanWords

Activation of US version of lightroom in Europe
« on: May 11, 2008, 04:58:53 am »

Hello,

I live in Europe (Belgium) and I am planning on buying Adobe Lightroom, but since there are (for a starting out photographer anyway) big price differences between the US and Europe, I was thinking of buying the boxed software in the US as I will be there next month.
My question is if any of you have experience with activating US Adobe software in Europe.
- Will I be able to activate it
- How 'bout upgrading: will I have to buy a US upgrade as well
- If I'm able to activate it, will I be okay with the licence policy (I mean, it's no use being able to activate the software if I'm still not running it legally according to adobe's terms). I want the software I use to be legal, I just don't want to pay nearly twice as much than a photographer in the US has to.

Thanks for any useful advice.

ajtaylor

• http://
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2008, 09:00:09 am »

LR doesn't require activation like CS3 does. It's just a case of enter your serial number, and off you go.

All should be fine. I recently re-installed one of my Macs (Leopard install), and had left my LR disk at work, so just downloaded the demo from the US adobe site (I'm in the UK), then stuck my serial number in ('cos I have them written down).

larsrc

• http://
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 10:41:42 am »

Hello,

I live in Europe (Belgium) and I am planning on buying Adobe Lightroom, but since there are (for a starting out photographer anyway) big price differences between the US and Europe, I was thinking of buying the boxed software in the US as I will be there next month.
My question is if any of you have experience with activating US Adobe software in Europe.
- Will I be able to activate it
- How 'bout upgrading: will I have to buy a US upgrade as well
- If I'm able to activate it, will I be okay with the licence policy (I mean, it's no use being able to activate the software if I'm still not running it legally according to adobe's terms). I want the software I use to be legal, I just don't want to pay nearly twice as much than a photographer in the US has to.

Thanks for any useful advice.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=194974\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I live in .dk and bought my LR from Adobe US (the joys of having an American wife who kept her Visa -- and is a student to boot!  Cheap, cheap!) and there were no issues whatsoever. Though I admit to not having tried to change language, but I would be surprised if there was any problem there, that'd just be stupid.

-Lars

jjj

• http://www.futtfuttfuttphotography.com
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 03:39:52 pm »

Has anyone from Europe bought the CS Suite in the US to save money? As that is a serious saving! I may be tempted to do that for CS4 if they don't sort out the absurd price difference.
Tradition is the Backbone of the Spinele
Pages: [1]   Go Up