Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help: how to get max scans using silverfast?  (Read 1392 times)

hassiman

Help: how to get max scans using silverfast?
« on: May 10, 2008, 09:35:36 pm »

Hi,

I have been try to figure out what should be simple... but for some reason seems to be about impossible.  I was wondering if any other SilverFast AI Studio/CoolScan 9000 user has figured it out.

I am scanning 35mm and 6X6 transparencies.  I would like to scan for maximum quality/enlargement size.  I mostly scan full-frame with little or no cropping.  
I am trying to figure out what settings to use to scan at the Nikon 9000 scanner's maximum optical quality without interpolation.  The Silverfast techs have said that 4000 dpi is actually over the true optical resolution for the 9000 and suggested that 3600 was a more realistic figure.. maybe even 3000 dpi.

I am scanning using the 48 Bit Color setting.  Not HDR.

In SilverFast's "frame" options field:

I have set both "scale %" fields at 100.0

I must assume that the data in the "original" fields is generated by the dimensions of the cropping frame on the image preview.

I have tried to set the output fields... but I am not sure how it works.

My Q factor is set at 1.5 with "screen" reading 2400

The dpi figure I have typed in as 3600 as the slider will not give me that figure.

Does anyone know the magic formula or  input sequence I need to follow  generate maximum  quality scans from 35mm and 6X6 transparencies?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2008, 09:42:51 pm by hassiman »
Pages: [1]   Go Up