Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Z3100 Driver for Vista 32 Bit Question  (Read 2431 times)

alanmcf

• http://
Z3100 Driver for Vista 32 Bit Question
« on: May 10, 2008, 11:27:35 am »

I have a new Vista 32 bit system now with SP1 and am wanting to install Z3100 drivers for my networked printer. I have done some googling expecially on this forum and cannot find any recent advice.

Do any of you have this working? Do I install the Vista or XP driver, and how? Also though it is a different thing, what about a Vista or XP version of HP Printer Utility?

Thanks, Alan

P.S. I was told a couple of months ago by an HP tech that probably the XP driver would be the way to go. If this is so... is there some special way to tell Vista to allow the XP driver?

Mike Morrison

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2008, 10:33:38 pm »

Hi Alan,

Yes the z3100 Vista Drivers work.

1) Just install the drivers from the CD, but not the Printer Utility or Color Manager from the CD.

2) Download the latest vista drivers from the HP site and go to properties on your z3100 printer and click on Advance and select 'New Drivers...' and point to the new driver you downloaded and install it.

3) Download the new Printer Utility for Vista from the HP site and install.

That should do it.  My install is working great from Vista.

Mike

alanmcf

• http://
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 04:59:35 pm »

Hi Mike,

Thanks so much. I looked up the driver on the HP site and note that it is dated April 2008... a good sign . Will try it soon after a full backup.

Vista so far has its share of little surprises, but so far there have been simple fixes. I am a programmer and need Vista for my development and testing. Going from a 6 year old PC to one with a quad processor is quite pleasant, though it has taken me a full week to get things mostly working. Bottom line... I am liking this Vista PC.

Alan

P.S. Double thanks for signing up, as I note it was your first post!

Hi Alan,

Yes the z3100 Vista Drivers work.

Mike
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=195142\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Pages: [1]   Go Up