Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ACR and Embedded  (Read 4271 times)

The Vulcan

• http://www.f4foto.org
ACR and Embedded
« on: May 10, 2008, 01:12:21 am »

I'm sorry if this is a worn out novice question, but that's exactly what I am!

I'm totally confused with ACR and Embedded profiles and have indeed noticed on my Lightroom images that some photographs show ACR 3.3, some show embedded and others (recently shot) show nothing!

Could someone please, in simple language, explain what it all means and what is optimum.

I would very much appreciate any guidance
« Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 03:54:42 am by The Vulcan »

01af

ACR and Embedded
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 11:40:18 am »

I'm totally confused with ACR and Embedded profiles and have indeed noticed on my Lightroom images that some photographs show ACR 3.3, some show embedded and others (recently shot) show nothing![a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=194794\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Well ... that's the way ACR (and thus, Lightroom too) is working. With new images, it will, by default, always use the latest profile available for your particular camera model. With images that already have been worked upon, it will use the profile that was used the last time ... provided there's more than one profile for the camera to begin with.

However "nothing" is not something that is supposed to show up as the profile used. There should always be a profile name which is either "ACR x.y" or "Embedded"---the latter applies to cameras or digital backs which use DNG as their native raw format. So it seems there is something wrong with your software installation.

Could someone please [...] explain what [...] is optimum.[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=194794\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Optimum is what looks best, or what works best for you.  The differences between profiles usually are subtle. If you don't see any difference in tones or colours when walking through the short list of profiles then simply stick to what the converter will choose by default.

I would very much appreciate any guidance.[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=194794\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
First thing I'd suggest is to update to the current Lightroom version which is 1.4.1.

-- Olaf
« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 11:41:55 am by 01af »

The Vulcan

• http://www.f4foto.org
ACR and Embedded
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2008, 09:02:50 pm »

Thank you Olaf for your reply which was most helpful
Pages: [1]   Go Up