Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lowepro Stealth D650 & Canon gear  (Read 4031 times)

Khurram

Lowepro Stealth D650 & Canon gear
« on: May 09, 2008, 11:55:01 pm »

I've been trying to find a Lowepro Stealth D650 Camera bag in town, but haven't been able to. I figured I'd order it from B&H or Adorama, but just wanted to know if it will be sufficient to hold my equipment.

I'd appreciate anyone who has the bag to let me know if it will hold the following:
-Canon EOS 1 DIII (with L-plate) with 24-105L attahaced
-Canon 5D (battery grip + L plate) with 16-35L II attached
-70-200 f2.8L IS lens
-At least 2 580EX II flashes
-Canon 2x converter
-17" Macbook Pro
-filters/accessories

If I could find a store in town, I'd try it out myself, but i've only been able to find the smaller Stealth bags in stock at Vistek and The Camera Store.

I need to go to the UK for a business trip and am concerned about the 1 carry-on allowance limit.

I have the Tamrac Cyperpro, which comes close to holding all of this, but the problem is that it does not seal from the top and is not weather proof. Last time i was in London and got caught in the rain, it was a major concern.

I do have a backpack that can hold the gear, but for cityscapes, when i want to have more gear I'd rather have a shoulder bag, so i can access my gear faster.  I can always throw one of my slingshot bags in the suitcase, when i want to go out with less gear.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2008, 12:32:32 am by Khurram »
----
[url=http://www.pbase.com/kssphotog

robdav

Lowepro Stealth D650 & Canon gear
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 08:40:18 am »

I have the Stealth D650, and it will definitely hold all the gear you listed, and then some!  It's a bit of a monster bag, if you fill it you may not want to lift it.  I use it to get my gear to location shoots, but I don't walk around with it.  I often put my camera, lenses etc in one half, and an Alien Bees head in the other half... it's that big.  You may want to use it to travel with all your gear... it has a convenient sleeve on back to slip it over a rolling bag handle... then use a smaller bag to walk around with.

Overall, it's a great bag, but it's definitely a big'un!
Enjoy England!
Rob
Pages: [1]   Go Up