Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Transferring my selected "five star" files to my n  (Read 2698 times)

travelenfree

Transferring my selected "five star" files to my n
« on: May 09, 2008, 04:37:57 am »

I want to transfer about 300 raw images that I have worked on in Lightroom from my desktop computer.  I want to transfer these files to my laptop computer.  I have given these 300 images five star ratings,  as opposed to another 600 images in the same folder that I have not selected with a star rating.  My goal is to transfer these five star images from my desktop to my laptop so I can use the images for digital slide presentations with my new Canon digital projector.  I would sure appreciate any suggestions.

DavidB

• http://davidburren.com/
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2008, 09:10:17 am »

Wouldn't you use a Filter to select all the images you want, and export them to a folder you'd then take to the laptop?
Either as DNG or Original images to import into a catalog on your laptop, or as a catalog with negatives bundled so you can just open it up in LR with any collections/etc preserved.

travelenfree

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2008, 04:21:55 pm »

reply to david.....I believe that rating the picture files with a 5 star rating is a type of filter.  Is this true?

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2008, 05:10:12 pm »

reply to david.....I believe that rating the picture files with a 5 star rating is a type of filter.  Is this true?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=194695\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
No, it isn't true.

Rating the picture is giving it an attribute, just as is tagging it red or setting a keyword. If you then ignore that attribute, you're not filtering. If you enable star-rating filtering, you're using it.

Jeremy

DavidB

• http://davidburren.com/
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2008, 06:27:00 pm »

Rating the picture is giving it an attribute, just as is tagging it red or setting a keyword. If you then ignore that attribute, you're not filtering. If you enable star-rating filtering, you're using it.[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=194703\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
More explicitly:

At the bottom right of the screen (in the Filmstrip) is the filter, where you can restrict which photos are being shown (e.g. "= *****" will show only images with rating = 5*).
The system remembers the filter settings for each folder/collection, so you'll want to select the set of files before selecting the filter.
Pages: [1]   Go Up