Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nikon D3 versus Canon Mark lll 1ds  (Read 14368 times)

Lester

Nikon D3 versus Canon Mark lll 1ds
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2008, 01:11:39 am »

I own both cameras, each has it special place. For low light level and small file size I used the D3. For landscape and large file panoramas, I used the 1DS MkIII. If you going to just get one, try it out and see what works for you. I really don't care, if it is a Nikon or Canon, what I do care is what works for me. (in fact, my D3 has the Canon strap and my Canon has the D3 strap)
I am a old fart, over 60

idenford

« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2008, 08:16:40 am »

I own both cameras, each has it special place. For low light level and small file size I used the D3. For landscape and large file panoramas, I used the 1DS MkIII. If you going to just get one, try it out and see what works for you. I really don't care, if it is a Nikon or Canon, what I do care is what works for me. (in fact, my D3 has the Canon strap and my Canon has the D3 strap)
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=194793\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
OKay thanks for that, I do a lot of lower light photo shoots, but it's too bad that Canon has not matched up on the high end with that. I'm sure they will have an answer at some point. I own a 40D which is great, but the more I shoot events, the more I feel it would be nice to have a "full frame". The other night I put an 85mm prime 1.8 on the 40D and I had to go to the back of the theatre with it, so I stripped it off and put the 50mm on. I think I full frame camera would give me more room to move as the 1.6 crop is limiting. But I probably will end of with the D3 for low light and full frame, keep the 40D for other shooting and backup. I don't own a lot of lenses so I rent the ones I need.
Probably will get the D3 with the 24-70 full frame lens they produced and go from there.
Thanks Lester.

idenford

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2008, 03:29:33 pm »

I ordered the D3 today and also two lenses, the 14-24 mm and the 24-70. Both F2.8 and the newer versions that fit the frame size of the D3.
I got Canon lenses for sale if anyone is interested posted on the For Sale forum.
Ouch! my credit card took a big hit!

djgarcia

• http://improbablystructuredlayers.net
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2008, 12:39:43 am »

(in fact, my D3 has the Canon strap and my Canon has the D3 strap)
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=194793\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
My 1Ds III has a Contax RTS III strap .
Over-Equipped Snapshooter - EOS 1dsII &

Slough

« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2008, 06:16:11 am »

So he's shooting direct to JPEG? Is he Rockwell in disguise?   

NEXT!!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=194581\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I think he meant different RAW conversion software from the one he was using.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up