Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kirk L Plates?  (Read 4127 times)

Mark F

Kirk L Plates?
« on: May 07, 2008, 09:04:04 pm »

Really Right Stuff is back ordered on their L Plates for the 1Ds3 - at least 2 weeks and maybe longer.  Does anyone have experience with Kirk L Plates? Several years ago their stuff did not seem to be as well machined as RRS but I'm told that has changed.

Thanks.
Mark

Don Libby

• Iron Creek Photography
    • Iron Creek Photography
Kirk L Plates?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 09:22:54 pm »

Really Right Stuff is back ordered on their L Plates for the 1Ds3 - at least 2 weeks and maybe longer.  Does anyone have experience with Kirk L Plates? Several years ago their stuff did not seem to be as well machined as RRS but I'm told that has changed.

Thanks.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=194279\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

All my L plates came from Kirk; never any problems.  I also have plenty of RRS equipment just never went with them for L brackets.  Go ahead and order it!

don

Geoff Wittig

Kirk L Plates?
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008, 11:07:34 am »

Really Right Stuff is back ordered on their L Plates for the 1Ds3 - at least 2 weeks and maybe longer.  Does anyone have experience with Kirk L Plates? Several years ago their stuff did not seem to be as well machined as RRS but I'm told that has changed.

Thanks.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=194279\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I've been using Kirk's L-bracket for my 1Ds III. It's nicely machined anodized black aluminum and very solid, and noticeably lighter than their 1st generation bracket for the 1Ds. I don't see how RRS's could be much better, given what a simple device this is.

picnic

Kirk L Plates?
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2008, 04:53:58 pm »

I've been using Kirk's L-bracket for my 1Ds III. It's nicely machined anodized black aluminum and very solid, and noticeably lighter than their 1st generation bracket for the 1Ds. I don't see how RRS's could be much better, given what a simple device this is.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=194385\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I've used both.  I had a Kirk L for my 5D (w/o grip) first.  However, when RRS came out with the L for the 5D w/o bracket with the notch for the E1 wrist strap I sold the Kirk and bought the RRS.  I don't remember much difference between the 2--either in weight or fit/finish.  I do have a 'baby' Kirk L for my G9 LOL--and had both for earlier bodies.  I think you will be happy with either.

Diane

JDClements

• http://www.jdanielclements.com
Kirk L Plates?
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2008, 06:58:31 pm »

I have assorted Kirk plates, and they are machined very well. No complaints.

Mark F

Kirk L Plates?
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2008, 09:28:34 pm »

Thanks to all. I ordered the Kirk today and it should arrive by Tuesday.
Mark

Mark F

Kirk L Plates?
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2008, 05:12:03 pm »

The Kirk L bracket arrived Monday and as far as I can see it is every bit as good as the RRS. The finish is great, all edges are rounded perfectly and it fits like a glove. It is good to have two great suppliers.
Mark
Pages: [1]   Go Up