Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: HP Z3100 at a good price  (Read 9808 times)

rdonson

HP Z3100 at a good price
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2008, 09:47:07 am »

Saw Z3100 price in "What's new" this morning, called Directdial.com and had one ordered before my toast was cold. Picked it up in Richmond BC on my way home from work. Might be calling in sick with a sore back tomorrow, guess their serious about needing two people to set it up (or at least for carrying it up the stairs).

Steve.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=194518\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Congrats on getting the new printer and at such a bargain price!!
Regards,
Ron

mmurph

• http://
HP Z3100 at a good price
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2008, 09:49:24 am »

Also, if I go pick it up in Canada, what is the import tax that I would end up paying, and where would I pay it? 

I would assume that we would be refunded the Candian VAT when we cross into the US, as with other Canadian purchases?

For import taxes, there is a list of tariffs on the US gov web sites. I find I am often incorrectloy charged tax on my imports tha are supposed to be duty-free.

I am not too concerned about warranty. I live 40 miles from Canada (Windsor), so I assume I can just take it back to Canada for repairs.

Anyone have a realistic suggestion about where/how to buy one of these beasts to bring back to the US? I don't have a Canadian shipping address, so I would need to buy at a store where I could pick it up.  I could go to Toronto, but closer to Windsor would be better.

Any opinions on the 44" Z3100?  It is $2,985 with the APS.  

I haven't followed the Z's too much, as I have 3 large format Epsonright now.  You can also get an Epson 9880 for about $3,400 net. Or wait for the 9900 and pay $5K.

I don't swap blacks too much, especially with the newer fiber papers that are Photo Black.

Hmmmm ....

Any thoughts appreciated.

Best,
Michael
« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 09:53:50 am by mmurph »

neil snape

• http://www.neilsnape.com
HP Z3100 at a good price
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2008, 11:09:24 am »

I know I'll get flamed for this but a sales rep for a well known inkjet supply company told me a week ago that HP was getting out of the wide format fine art niche.   Didn't think much of it at the time, but now......

Doug
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=194421\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
The printers have always brought in a lot of profit for HP. This continues to be true. You'll be able to see next Tuesday with the first quarter report from HP.
In the recent 2 years HP have bought up a slew of print technology companies to add to the growing  product line for LFP, decidedly geared to repro, and permanent print categories, art market included.
So this statement seems pretty unlikely at this point. However there may be highly specialized art market products that could be added , change , or dropped, who knows. Just not the LFP which are going very well for print making for most of the categories including fine art.

CJL

• http://www.imageswest.ca
HP Z3100 at a good price
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2008, 12:17:57 pm »

Don't bother trying to order one of these printers from Direct Dial... I called this morning to check the status on the Z3100 I ordered a couple of days ago, and they told me they don't know if they will be getting  any more in stock (although their "real time" inventory showed 30 in stock when they confirmed my order), nor did they know if they would be able to honor the advertised price.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up