Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: HP Z3100 at a good price  (Read 9804 times)

petermarrek

HP Z3100 at a good price
« on: May 07, 2008, 03:47:01 pm »

Mondrian-Hall is a commercial photographic supply house in Canada , they have HP printers on sale right now at ridiculous prices, HP Z3100 for $1414.00 ca. I have no connection to them, just thought I would share this. The rep. I dealt with is Kevin Yu. Peter Marrek

walter.sk

HP Z3100 at a good price
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 08:36:35 pm »

Mondrian-Hall is a commercial photographic supply house in Canada , they have HP printers on sale right now at ridiculous prices, HP Z3100 for $1414.00 ca. I have no connection to them, just thought I would share this. The rep. I dealt with is Kevin Yu. Peter Marrek
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=194222\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

That's hard to believe, unless it's a refurb, or HP is planning to dump the Z3100's because of the roller marks on thick paper?

araz

• Araz Jakalian Photography
HP Z3100 at a good price
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2008, 09:18:53 pm »

That's hard to believe, unless it's a refurb, or HP is planning to dump the Z3100's because of the roller marks on thick paper?
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
This site has it also.

[a href=\"http://www.directdial.com/Q5669A%23BCC.html]http://www.directdial.com/Q5669A%23BCC.html[/url]

Araz

EvoM

HP Z3100 at a good price
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2008, 11:39:11 pm »

Directdial has the 44" at under 3,000! US/Canadian
This really pisses me off as here in Australia I paid 13,500 AUD a year ago! It's probaly still around that price here. By the way, the Aussie dollar is presently at .95 US.

It's unbelievable the mark up we have here in Australia...you guys are so lucky!

Evo

michael

HP Z3100 at a good price
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2008, 07:14:28 am »

See my posting on What's New with today's date. It's true.

Looks like the end of the road for the Z3100.

New models can't be too far behind.

Michael

CJL

• http://www.imageswest.ca
HP Z3100 at a good price
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2008, 08:09:55 am »

It's about time we Canucks got a price break on something...  

PhotoArchivist

HP Z3100 at a good price
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2008, 09:13:15 am »

See my posting on What's New with today's date. It's true.

Looks like the end of the road for the Z3100.

New models can't be too far behind.

Michael
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=194346\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I just called from US.  The promotion is for Canada only and they cannot ship to US.

Kenneth Sky

• http://
HP Z3100 at a good price
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2008, 09:24:02 am »

Printers Plus (Canada) is selling the B9180 for $307! If this isn't dumping, what is?

DaveW

HP Z3100 at a good price
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2008, 12:18:06 pm »

Darn that is tempting... couldn't quite convince my wife that we need a 24" large format printer though.  I'm sure in a year or so I'll regret not buying one, but for now I'd now what to get a more expensive camera to take advantage of the size of the new printer... the never ending cycle!

However, couldn't pass up the deals on the B9180 - 325 from Tigerdirect.ca, free shipping.

Now I can finally use the 100 sheets of 13x19" photo matte paper HP gave me (somewhat mistakenly)!

neil snape

• http://www.neilsnape.com
HP Z3100 at a good price
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2008, 12:29:30 pm »

Decidedly great , unrealistically low prices on the Canadian HP side. I which we in Europe would have some , of , any of the rebates, specials etc that the US and Canada enjoy.
In Europe you'd pay the same for the 9180's cartridges alone.

There are  many reasons for many users to want a Z at that price too. Just getting into such a system is brought into line with such a promotion that it makes sense if you have room to have a Z to use it for it's large capacity ink carts, spectro etc.

Eli Burakian

• Photogaboutit
HP Z3100 at a good price
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2008, 02:40:05 pm »

Bummer, I've tried everywhere.  It's still a great deal even with the import tax for the USA but everywhere it's out of stock.

DougMorgan

• http://www.bcpanorama.com
HP Z3100 at a good price
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2008, 03:23:42 pm »

I know I'll get flamed for this but a sales rep for a well known inkjet supply company told me a week ago that HP was getting out of the wide format fine art niche.   Didn't think much of it at the time, but now......

Doug

Eli Burakian

• Photogaboutit
HP Z3100 at a good price
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2008, 03:32:19 pm »

I know I'll get flamed for this but a sales rep for a well known inkjet supply company told me a week ago that HP was getting out of the wide format fine art niche.   Didn't think much of it at the time, but now......

Doug
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=194421\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Whoa!  That would be crazy.  Maybe it's a good thing that I missed it since there will be no customer support if that's the case.  Still, it seems like such a good printer.

I thought it was a very successful line too.

rdonson

HP Z3100 at a good price
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2008, 03:43:21 pm »

I know I'll get flamed for this but a sales rep for a well known inkjet supply company told me a week ago that HP was getting out of the wide format fine art niche.   Didn't think much of it at the time, but now......

Doug

No flames, it just doesn't sound like HP.  Not a year after launching their Print 2.0 strategy anyway.  I guess stranger things have happened though.
Regards,
Ron

Eli Burakian

• Photogaboutit
HP Z3100 at a good price
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2008, 05:00:24 pm »

If I find one of these, does anybody know if the warranty would work for me in the USA?  Also, if I go pick it up in Canada, what is the import tax that I would end up paying, and where would I pay it?  

Thanks for any help!

bob mccarthy

• http://
HP Z3100 at a good price
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2008, 05:27:27 pm »

Doug

Oh Geezzz, HP invested how many billions in this foray into fine art. And I think has been fairly successful.

I can't wait to see new line, I have a new printer in the budget and am waiting for the next generation to be released. The old 7600 is ready to be put out to pasture. Hate changing blacks on the current Epson line.

Bob

DougMorgan

• http://www.bcpanorama.com
HP Z3100 at a good price
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2008, 09:56:54 pm »

Oh Geezzz, HP invested how many billions in this foray into fine art. And I think has been fairly successful.

I can't wait to see new line, I have a new printer in the budget and am waiting for the next generation to be released. The old 7600 is ready to be put out to pasture. Hate changing blacks on the current Epson line.

Bob
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=194447\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I hate changing blacks as well and I have absolutely no idea if the rumor I heard has any substance but, and this is what makes me wonder, why would HP put such massive discounts on a product BEFORE announcing a replacement?   Normally the idea would be to get rid of excess old stock AFTER announcing the new candy-coated-tangerine-colored baby.  

What confuses me though is Canada rarely gets the better deal.   They still have a  Canon ipf5000 on clearance for 1700 at a local store, for example -- and I'm sure everyone will be emailing me for details on that deal!!!

PS:  I should add that if ordering an item not in stock from directdial Canada be prepared to ride them to actually get the item.  They are great and very fast when an item is in stock but seem to lose interest for backordered items.  They also don't seem to cross ship much between the USA and Canada.

Doug
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 10:03:00 pm by DougMorgan »

flbrit

HP Z3100 at a good price
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2008, 12:21:47 am »

As an ex marketing guy, I would not expect HP to leave a large customer base unsupported. Who would ever buy any of their other products again!
Brian

sposch

HP Z3100 at a good price
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2008, 02:11:01 am »

Saw Z3100 price in "What's new" this morning, called Directdial.com and had one ordered before my toast was cold. Picked it up in Richmond BC on my way home from work. Might be calling in sick with a sore back tomorrow, guess their serious about needing two people to set it up (or at least for carrying it up the stairs).

Steve.

neil snape

• http://www.neilsnape.com
HP Z3100 at a good price
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2008, 02:30:43 am »

Saw Z3100 price in "What's new" this morning, called Directdial.com and had one ordered before my toast was cold. Picked it up in Richmond BC on my way home from work. Might be calling in sick with a sore back tomorrow, guess their serious about needing two people to set it up (or at least for carrying it up the stairs).

Steve.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=194518\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
That is great news about the printer, not for the sore back. I had to manhandle the 44" model by myself and it's a challenge for non football player sized people. Once on it's stand though it seems light and easy to push around.
Everything you need is included in the box for set up, so you can calibrate, and test out the profiler as well. Happy printing.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up