Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Vista and Monitor profile problem/solved  (Read 22657 times)

jackbingham

• http://www.integrated-color.com
Vista and Monitor profile problem/solved
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2008, 09:09:25 am »

"Bridge CS3 appears to reset the video card LUTs. Checking after launching Bridge showed the video card LUTs to be set back to linear values. On a DDC monitor, the monitor LUTs set by ColorEyes Display were not altered.

Now, I do not use Bridge with any regularity, so this isn't something I had noticed before. Poking into its settings, I noticed that Bridge complained that my color settings were "not synchronized for Creative Suite applications". This magical synchronization is not something Photoshop, InDesign, or any other CS3 app appears to know about. Go figure. I saved my Photoshop settings as a custom setting, loaded said setting as the "synchronized" default in Bridge, and the video card LUT resetting disappeared."

Ethan Hansen
Jack Bingham
Integrated Color Corp Maker

Tim Lookingbill

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2008, 01:08:59 pm »

Whoah! This puts the meaning of bloatware on a whole new level I would never have imagined until this thread.

Bridge can do this to your vLUT's? Are you kidding me?!

Dinarius

« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2009, 08:01:08 am »

System: Vista x64. nVidia Quadro FX1700. basICColor Display.

Just bringing this back to the top. It's been a while!  

1. Are people still having problems with Vista dumping monitor calibration profiles?

2. I've only just been prompted to download Service Pack 2, even though it was published in July! Has anyone else installed it? Has it made a difference?

3. On another forum discussing this very same issue, I came across this link>

http://www.xrite.co.uk/product_overview.as...;SoftwareID=539

This is a tiny (takes seconds to download) and ingenious little program. It allows you to check which profile is the default profile on your system. But, more importantly, when you run it and the window opens with the profile highlighted, you can check if in fact that profile has been loaded by Vista. Just click on the highlighted profile. If the screen remains the same, then you're OK. But, if it changes, then the profile you think is the default (and is listed as the default in Start/Control Panel/Colour Management) is not in fact. You will now be seeing the profile you thought you had, but you will have been using something else. Worth downloading to see if you really are seeing the profile you thought you were seeing!

I recently downloaded basICColor 4.1.12 and Vista won't allow the Video LUT to install on startup. I can only manually run it from the system tray. The Video LUT is listed as Enabled in msconfig/Startup Items and my basICColor profile is listed as the default in Colour Management. But, I can only activate it using the utility above or via the System Tray.

Vista just doesn't cut it as a professional imaging application IMHO.

D.

I think I've sorted it!

I had read this article>

http://www.xrite.com/product_overview.aspx...;SupportID=4287

and turned off Windows Defender and Windows Firewall to no avail.

Just now, I tried turning off User Account (Start/Control Panel/User Accounts/Turn User Account Control on or off) and after a reboot, the profile loaded! I checked it using the application I mentioned in the original post above and it's OK.

Finally, before turning off User Accounts, I had downloaded Service Pack2 and it had made no difference.

Hopefully, it stays this way now!  
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 08:22:54 am by Dinarius »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up