Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Equipment rental in Toronto  (Read 2423 times)

sbernthal

Equipment rental in Toronto
« on: May 06, 2008, 12:44:29 pm »

I have a shoot in Toronto.

Can anyone recommend a good place for full equipment rental?

Also studios for rent?

Joe Behar

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2008, 02:28:36 pm »

I have a shoot in Toronto.

Also studios for rent?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=193864\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Feel free to contact me offline. We have full rentals of every format of camera, lighting, grip equipment and video.

Bruce MacNeil

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2008, 05:16:20 pm »

www.headshotsrentals.com is likely the best choice. Headshots -

There are quite a few rental studios and they can hook you up for that as well.

Feel free to contact me offline. We have full rentals of every format of camera, lighting, grip equipment and video.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=193887\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Bruce MacNeil PhD; M. Div.; M.Fol.

AnthonyAdachi

• http://
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2008, 06:20:42 pm »

I would second the recommondation on Headshots Rentals.  They use to have free local delivery & pick up (given enough time frame) but you would need to inquire to whether the conditions would be feasible for your circumstances.

There's also Vistek.

As well, while FilmPlus doesn't have an extensive rental inventory as the other two they do have some gear.

If you're in need of film grip type stuff: overheads, more specialized grip gear, generators, ect. there's Production Services.

-Anthony

James R Russell

• http://www.russellrutherford.com/
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2008, 06:41:54 pm »

I would second the recommondation on Headshots Rentals.  They use to have free local delivery & pick up (given enough time frame) but you would need to inquire to whether the conditions would be feasible for your circumstances.

There's also Vistek.

As well, while FilmPlus doesn't have an extensive rental inventory as the other two they do have some gear.

If you're in need of film grip type stuff: overheads, more specialized grip gear, generators, ect. there's Production Services.

-Anthony
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=193959\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Before renting always have your insurance bonds in order and cleared through the rental company and your insurance agent.

Especially when renting large grip and lighting as they love to tack on an insurance fee if they rental is beyond our basic policy or bond.

$2m is now the standard and I'm sure your agent will give you the correct price.

Even if your not sure if you will be working in that specific market or with only one or two specific rental houses, it doesn't hurt to send the paperwork in ahead of time, (always get the contact name of who you sent it to).

When renting cinema lighting and grip, ask for a bid.  Most rental companies will have different forms of packages and deals depending on how busy they are.   Unlike the still business where 3 to 4 days is considered a weekly rental in cinema 2 days can constitute a week and there can be a great deal of savings.

The best way to do this is to keep your own form on hand with a check box of what you need, especially the small items like clamps, stingers (110 extension cords), bags, rags, etc.

The small items are where you get eaten on rental charges and the first things everyone forgets when pricing out gear.

When picking up rental gear instruct your first to have the rental company lay everything out, plug everything in, test the bulbs, the speed rings, the modifiers to make sure the complete package is not only there or workable, then sign off on the rental.

Far too many times I've had assistants grab gear at the last minute and not get the complete order, only on the day of return go through the hassel of arguing about where is that medium chimera, or those two extra heads.

JR

sbernthal

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2008, 01:59:24 pm »

Thanks everybody for the help!
Pages: [1]   Go Up