Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: how to remove black spots?  (Read 5612 times)

jnaneshwars

how to remove black spots?
« on: May 04, 2008, 12:02:37 pm »

I have a Canon 20D and when I take pictures I see black spots in the view finder. I Dust might have entered the body and I cleaned it using the 'dust cleaner' menu in the camera. Yet this problem persists. Could anyone help?

Tony Beach

• http://imageevent.com/tonybeach/twelveimages
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2008, 12:06:05 pm »

Dust in the viewfinder is an annoyance but has no effect on performance or image quality.  It may be time to send your camera in to Canon or a reputable camera shop for a good cleaning and adjustment.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2008, 12:06:20 pm by Tony Beach »

jnaneshwars

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2008, 12:10:27 pm »

Dust in the viewfinder is an annoyance but has no effect on performance or image quality.  It may be time to send your camera in to Canon or a reputable camera shop for a good cleaning and adjustment.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=193443\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

A lot of people said I wouldn't see the spots on my pictures, but just on the viewfinder. I see these spots in pictures too!. I could remove them using photoshop but it is a lot of work.

KeithR

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2008, 12:21:41 pm »

A lot of people said I wouldn't see the spots on my pictures, but just on the viewfinder. I see these spots in pictures too!. I could remove them using photoshop but it is a lot of work.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=193445\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Just a guess here. If your seeing the same spots in the same location in your veiwfinder and on your image, there's a possibility that you may have something on or in your lens. You wouldn't see the spots in the viewfinder if they were on your sensor, you'd only see them in the image. If you saw them only in your viewfinder, then I'd say the viewfinder or mirror might be the problem. But since you state that you see them through your viewfinder and on the image, then the lens should be looked at.
The destination is our goal but it’s the journey we experience

jnaneshwars

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2008, 12:31:41 pm »

Just a guess here. If your seeing the same spots in the same location in your veiwfinder and on your image, there's a possibility that you may have something on or in your lens. You wouldn't see the spots in the viewfinder if they were on your sensor, you'd only see them in the image. If you saw them only in your viewfinder, then I'd say the viewfinder or mirror might be the problem. But since you state that you see them through your viewfinder and on the image, then the lens should be looked at.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=193447\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Keith,
You could be right! I see the spots in the same in the same location all the time. Maybe I have to get my lens fixed.
Thanks for the info!

framah

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2008, 02:05:23 pm »

Put a different lens on the camera and see if they are still there.
"It took a  lifetime of suffering and personal sacrifice to develop my keen aesthetic sense."

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2008, 03:29:29 pm »

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=193447\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

That would have to be some piece of dirt on the lens if it is "black" and on both the viewfinder and the image.  I've never seen this, and with my limited knowledge of physics it seems the only way this may even be possible is the case of an extreme macro.  Anything on the lens is so out of focus it normally isn't identifiable as a "black spot".  

I"m baffled.  If they are on the image, maybe attaching an example might help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up