Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bridge/PS/Lightroom color mismatch  (Read 2043 times)

pixel wrangler

• http://www.homepage.mac.com/fastpics
Bridge/PS/Lightroom color mismatch
« on: May 03, 2008, 02:22:45 pm »

Hey Gang:

This has been bugging me for years. Images in Bridge (in this case CS2's version of Bridge,) seem to have a green cast to them. When opened in PS that cast pretty much goes away. Doesn't matter if the image is a jpeg, or a tweaked or untweaked RAW file. And I'm letting both Bridge (and Lightroom, which I'll get to later,) render hi-res previews.

I've observed this on my older G5 with a color calibrated and profiled Eizo monitor, and on clients' systems as well. At least it's consistent with machines still running CS2. I have another client who's using CS3 and has a new 8-core Intel G5 with a new 23" ACD. I'm gonna be there next week, and I'll see if his machine exhibits the same behavior.

In the meantime, I performed a little experiment. Attached you'll see screen snaps of how an image appears in Photoshop and Bridge, and the same image in Photoshop and the Library mode of Lightroom(v 1.4.1.) Note that the PS/LR image is virtually identical. I think the LR edit-tif is very slightly lighter, (I observed this on my machine and another client's,) but I can live with that.

Any ideas? Am I (and my clients) doing something incorrectly, or is this a known issue. I welcome your comments.

Thanks,
Ron
[attachment=6397:attachment][attachment=6398:attachment]

pixel wrangler

• http://www.homepage.mac.com/fastpics
Bridge/PS/Lightroom color mismatch
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008, 01:08:09 am »

Hey Everyone:

I guess the next question is, was my post that stupid, or just baffling? Anybody...Bueller??

FYI, the example image is from a client for whom I'm doing some retouching. The image had previously been given a tone (via a Kevin Kubota "Warm and Snappy" action.) So if you're looking at the RGB numbers they're not gonna be neutral. The green cast in Bridge is the issue.

Ron
Pages: [1]   Go Up