Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hp Z3100ps GP Marks in Print  (Read 2070 times)

peteh

• http://
Hp Z3100ps GP Marks in Print
« on: May 02, 2008, 06:06:33 pm »

I have had my HP Z3100ps GP for 7 month now and am still only about 50 % through the 69ml original ink set. I don't print with this printer a hell of a lot. I'm still in warranty and the Inkset and the Heads are still in Warranty.I have had 1 out of paper sensor replaced and the printer has worked fine until about 3 weeks  after that sensor was replaced.I have done 2 headcleanings and  head alignment and color calibration .The printer does this: It prints out with  faint lines every 1/8 inch about 1/16 in wide in line with the print heads. They are very obvious when viewing the print from a side glance. I took some matt board and placed in under some glare free UV glass and looked at the print from straight above.Thinking the glarefree glass and the matt board would simulate the print framed under glass.This did not work cause I can still see the lines.Mind you I have only done this in Landscape mode and so far it shows parallel with the printheads.
This is done on MACPRO running Windows XP under boot camp.The driver is: 61.71.841.0
The firmware is:TR-TR12PS_6.0.0.7
I think there is a new driver but can't figure out how to get it to install.NO SET UP FILE IN THE DRIVER FROM HP. Their website SUCKS!
Forgot to say the paper is HP prof. SATIN Photo Paper
« Last Edit: May 02, 2008, 06:08:41 pm by peteh »

Mussi_Spectraflow

• http://www.spectraflow.com
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008, 08:32:22 pm »

I have had my HP Z3100ps GP for 7 month now and am still only about 50 % through the 69ml original ink set. I don't print with this printer a hell of a lot. I'm still in warranty and the Inkset and the Heads are still in Warranty.I have had 1 out of paper sensor replaced and the printer has worked fine until about 3 weeks  after that sensor was replaced.I have done 2 headcleanings and  head alignment and color calibration .The printer does this: It prints out with  faint lines every 1/8 inch about 1/16 in wide in line with the print heads. They are very obvious when viewing the print from a side glance. I took some matt board and placed in under some glare free UV glass and looked at the print from straight above.Thinking the glarefree glass and the matt board would simulate the print framed under glass.This did not work cause I can still see the lines.Mind you I have only done this in Landscape mode and so far it shows parallel with the printheads.
This is done on MACPRO running Windows XP under boot camp.The driver is: 61.71.841.0
The firmware is:TR-TR12PS_6.0.0.7
I think there is a new driver but can't figure out how to get it to install.NO SET UP FILE IN THE DRIVER FROM HP. Their website SUCKS!
Forgot to say the paper is HP prof. SATIN Photo Paper
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=193203\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
This sounds like an alignment issue. I've noticed that this sometimes appears on prints when using the normal setting, and is affected by the amount of ink being put down as well as the gloss enhancer. When all things are working perfectly you can print on normal without any banding, however it seems like the printer can easily fall out of an ideal state and then I have to revert to the best setting to ensure perfect prints. If your already using this setting then thats a problem. You might also want to run the paper advance alignment as well. Let me know if that helps. Their website is a bit of a nightmare, but they have some good resources hiding behind it.
Julian Mussi
 Spectraflow, Color Workflow

peteh

• http://
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2008, 12:05:21 am »

This sounds like an alignment issue. I've noticed that this sometimes appears on prints when using the normal setting, and is affected by the amount of ink being put down as well as the gloss enhancer. When all things are working perfectly you can print on normal without any banding, however it seems like the printer can easily fall out of an ideal state and then I have to revert to the best setting to ensure perfect prints. If your already using this setting then thats a problem. You might also want to run the paper advance alignment as well. Let me know if that helps. Their website is a bit of a nightmare, but they have some good resources hiding behind it.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=193687\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I had to dig to find the printer "paper advance alignment " setting as I wish they would put out printed manuals .Thank you for the info.Nice to know there is somebody right down the road to help!
Pages: [1]   Go Up