Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where to get free icc profiles  (Read 3209 times)

paulgodard

Where to get free icc profiles
« on: May 02, 2008, 07:05:52 am »

Hi

I am really struggling to find where I can download free icc profiles for epson media for a stylus 4000.  I had some custom profiles made for the paper I am mostly using, but the one for the (discontinued) smooth fine art paper is really lacking tonal range in the brown colors, so I wanted to try some other profiles available for free for these tricky photographs.

Can anyone please point me in the right direction?

felix5616

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2008, 09:47:36 am »

Hi

I am really struggling to find where I can download free icc profiles for epson media for a stylus 4000.  I had some custom profiles made for the paper I am mostly using, but the one for the (discontinued) smooth fine art paper is really lacking tonal range in the brown colors, so I wanted to try some other profiles available for free for these tricky photographs.

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=193089\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Try each paper manufacturers' web site. Look for the paper you are using and your printer model. I did this with my epson 4800 and the ICC profiles were fine.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2008, 09:48:10 am by felix5616 »

paulgodard

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2008, 09:59:25 am »

I have not been specific enough, but I am exclusively looking for the Epson smooth fine art for my stylus 4000.  There is nothing on Epson site, unless I am totally blind.

So if someone knows the exact place to download that specific profile, please let me know asap... thanks.

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2008, 10:59:29 am »

I have an Epson 4000 and I can see it as one of the Pro4000 profiles installed (I've never used it so I didn't download it specifically).  I'm not sure why you can't.  Are you using the latest driver?

If you can't locate it PM me and I'll send it to you.

Mike

Mussi_Spectraflow

• http://www.spectraflow.com
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2008, 02:47:12 pm »

Hi

I am really struggling to find where I can download free icc profiles for epson media for a stylus 4000.  I had some custom profiles made for the paper I am mostly using, but the one for the (discontinued) smooth fine art paper is really lacking tonal range in the brown colors, so I wanted to try some other profiles available for free for these tricky photographs.

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=193089\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hey Paul,
   I wonder what software was used to create the custom profile you have. In general they should perform better than the canned Epson profiles, especially for that generation of printers. If you send me the profile I'll take a look at it and see if it looks strange. I have some profiles for the 4K but they were all built ontop of a RIP so they wont do you much good, but I can compare my profiles to yours and see if there are any noticeable gamut difference. Also you might consider searching for 7600 and 9600 profiles as these are often similar enough to work with your 4k.
Julian Mussi
 Spectraflow, Color Workflow

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2008, 04:19:55 pm »

Send me an email "edmundronald at gmail.com" and I'll send you the testchart for a profile. Mail that to me and I'll email you the profile. You will owe me $30 if you like the profile, 0 if you don't.

Andrew Rodney who is also on this forum makes excellent profiles, but he's considerably more expensive than I am. If you plan to use various papers you should invest in a ColorMunki.

Edmund
« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 04:20:55 pm by eronald »
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

ssgphoto

• Brooklyn Editions
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2008, 02:04:23 pm »

It should be the same printhead as the 9600 which had excellent profiles made by Bill Atkinson. While there may not be an exact profile for the ultrasmooth I recall having excellent results on hahnmemuhle photorag with his enhanced matte profile when i had my 9600.

http://homepage.mac.com/billatkinson/FileSharing2.html
Pages: [1]   Go Up