Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Red One Camera @ Yosemite  (Read 2535 times)

BradSmith

Red One Camera @ Yosemite
« on: April 29, 2008, 01:04:41 pm »

I've always told friends that the best place in the world to see wonderful cameras is the famous overlook of Yosemite Valley.  So last week, here is what I found there...the Red One that Michael wrote about early this month.  The photographer was a digital imaging researcher from (I think) Leeds College in the UK.  He came to the US just for this one shot with this camera which he said is owned by the Univ of California and he had the use of it just for ONLY this one day.  His sequence will begin with an ultra, digital zoom, close up that will fill the frame with falling water from Bridalveil Falls.  He then will slowly zoom out over 15-20 seconds to take in the entire panorama view of the valley.

I asked him what he'd have done if it had been a foggy day with no view.

"cry"

[attachment=6328:attachment]

Peter McLennan

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 07:29:49 pm »

Cool!  Thanks for posting.

From the matte box to the lens mount, and from the iris rods down, it looks just like it came from the Panavision rental house.

Is that the data recorder mounted at the top rear?

Graeme Nattress

• http://www.nattress.com
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2008, 11:14:15 pm »

That's the battery on the back, drive cradle empty, so I'd assume recording to CF card.

Peter McLennan

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2008, 03:23:17 pm »

Interesting battery mount.  It almost looks like it was intentionally adjusted in place there by the operator for balance reasons.

Amazing how small the actual camera is.
Pages: [1]   Go Up