Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Experience with service from Bogen USA with Gitzo  (Read 3259 times)

ngophotographer

Experience with service from Bogen USA with Gitzo
« on: April 28, 2008, 10:48:48 am »

Hi:

On a recent trip to the Tennessee backcountry, my Gitzo was knocked over and one of the sections hit a rock-- fortunately, the P45 and Hassie were still in the bag.

A crack has started in that section.  I was able to duct tape it for the trip and fortunately, it hasn't gotten any longer.

Has anyone had experience with Bogen USA in regards to repairing Gitzo legs or replacing a section?

My last experience with Bogen USA was not positive.  I find their new Service Manager very evasive and not at all straightforward when dealing with problems--- the answer always seems to be "upgrade to the latest Metz, etc." product.  What ever happened to service.

I've attached one of the quick grabs from the trip.

Thanks,

Rich
NGOphotographer

[attachment=6287:attachment]

j.miller

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2008, 11:57:16 am »

Rich,
     Bogen Imaging is quite good when it comes to repairs in recent years. The Gitzo product line has its own product manager here in US. His name is David Fisher, and can address more specific issues pertaining the entire Gitzo range.

Depending on what is damaged, you might be able to repair the tripod yourself. Replacing entire sections of a tripod leg is simple, and can save you the aggravation of sending your tripod to Bogen Imaging.

Gitzo has parts schematics online for most every product made in the last 10-15 years. If older, they are available in a hard-copy from Bogen Imaging. If you know which Gitzo model (GXXXX or GTXXXX) you have, you should be able to find the necessary schematic, and identify which part(s) need to be replaced.

Gitzo Spare Parts link

If you need pricing of Gitzo parts and accessories, feel free to contact me directly.

Regards,

Jordan Miller

Hi:

On a recent trip to the Tennessee backcountry, my Gitzo was knocked over and one of the sections hit a rock-- fortunately, the P45 and Hassie were still in the bag.

A crack has started in that section.  I was able to duct tape it for the trip and fortunately, it hasn't gotten any longer.

Has anyone had experience with Bogen USA in regards to repairing Gitzo legs or replacing a section?

My last experience with Bogen USA was not positive.  I find their new Service Manager very evasive and not at all straightforward when dealing with problems--- the answer always seems to be "upgrade to the latest Metz, etc." product.  What ever happened to service.

I've attached one of the quick grabs from the trip.

Thanks,

Rich
NGOphotographer

[attachment=6287:attachment]
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=192302\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 10:57:28 am by j.miller »

ngophotographer

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2008, 12:30:45 pm »

Hi Jordan:

Thanks for your help and the link to the parts schematics.  I will need to check exactly which model it is-- don't remember if its a mkII or not.

Ounce I narrow the part down, I'll give you a call this week to get more information.

Thank you again.  The Gitzo link is priceless!

Rich
Pages: [1]   Go Up