Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LR Slideshow captions  (Read 2110 times)

Gary Damaskos

LR Slideshow captions
« on: April 28, 2008, 12:11:50 am »

I have been reading LR help - and I am sure it says I can individually caption slides in Slideshow. My problem is after quite awhile fooling around, I still not have been able to pick just one slide and add a caption to it alone. Someone out there who does do this for specific individual slides in a slide show - please share how you have success!
TIA
Gary

DavidB

• http://davidburren.com/
LR Slideshow captions
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2008, 09:26:30 am »

You can add a text field to a slideshow layout.  If that field is displaying the contents of a metadata field (e.g. "Caption") which is only populated with a non-empty value on the image in question you'll have achieved your aim of captioning just one image in the slideshow.  On all the other images the field will be empty and thus invisible.

This is a common way of achieving "title slides": have a black image with a bunch of virtual copies that appear in various places in the slideshow, and have a text field in the slideshow that uses a metadata field which is empty on all the other images.  On these "blank" VCs, add the title text into the metadata field and Hey Presto!
Pages: [1]   Go Up