Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Controlling paper cutter on Z3100  (Read 1481 times)

sloow

• http://paullitherland.com
Controlling paper cutter on Z3100
« on: April 27, 2008, 06:17:57 pm »

I'm just wondering if there's a way to have better control of the cutter. It drives me crazy that the machine cuts off 2-1/2 inches every time a paper is loaded. I can turn it off completely by changing the paper profile, but that's not much good, because you have to rewind the paper out of the machine to cut it. It would be great to have better manual control of the cutter.

Am I missing something?

walter.sk

Controlling paper cutter on Z3100
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2008, 08:40:22 pm »

I'm just wondering if there's a way to have better control of the cutter. It drives me crazy that the machine cuts off 2-1/2 inches every time a paper is loaded. I can turn it off completely by changing the paper profile, but that's not much good, because you have to rewind the paper out of the machine to cut it. It would be great to have better manual control of the cutter.

Am I missing something?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=192177\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I have loaded some rolls without losing the 2 1/2" of paper, but if the skew has to be adjusted either by the printer, automatically, or with your help manually, the printer will cut off enough paper to guarantee a square edge.  At least, that is what I think it is doing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up