Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Corrupt Catalog  (Read 2354 times)

Giedo

Corrupt Catalog
« on: April 27, 2008, 03:26:20 am »

Hi, I hve a small problem with LR: During import, my main catalog didn't respond anymore (it just didn't import any images anymore). I had to force a stop and now the catalog is corrupt. Every time I try to open it it mentions it is going to repair it and then after 10 minutes or the software seems ready but the repair did not work...

Luckily the back up seems to work well, so now I want to make this backup my default catalog (and create new backups from there).
How do I do that and how do I get rid of my old default Catalog which does not work anymore?

Thanks in advance!
Giedo
Giedo

DavidB

• http://davidburren.com/
Corrupt Catalog
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2008, 08:39:07 am »

Just copy the .lrcat file from the backup folder to overwrite the broken one.

But before you trash the broken one, you have tried to open it with "Test Integrity" turned on haven't you?  Hold down the Alt/Option key when starting LR and you'll see it as an option on the catalog selection window that pops up.

Giedo

Corrupt Catalog
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2008, 08:58:20 am »

Just copy the .lrcat file from the backup folder to overwrite the broken one.

But before you trash the broken one, you have tried to open it with "Test Integrity" turned on haven't you?  Hold down the Alt/Option key when starting LR and you'll see it as an option on the catalog selection window that pops up.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=192105\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Ok. thanks David (and yes I tried to open it with 'test the integrity' turned on, it does not work)
I'm going to try this approach.
Regards, Giedo
Giedo
Pages: [1]   Go Up