Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Galleries, keywords and FTP.  (Read 5499 times)

Justinr

• Ink+images
Galleries, keywords and FTP.
« on: April 24, 2008, 10:59:46 am »

I've just started using Copperplate gallery for putting up event photo's but I need something to which I can add keywords for my own small stock library. I am an IT numbskull so a CMS with a simple to use FTP would suit best. All ideas greatly appreciated.

Justin.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 01:03:38 pm by Justinr »

JDClements

• http://www.jdanielclements.com
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 06:21:21 pm »

Do you mean Coppermine?

It has a place to add keywords to each photo. Are you looking for a way to do this automatically?

Justinr

• Ink+images
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 06:57:37 pm »

Doh!

Silly me, sorry, I was getting confused with a font I was using elsewhere. Yes indeed I do mean Coppermine but I can't find where to enter the keywords although I see it has a search facility.

What I would like to do is prepare each image in PS along with keywords then batch upload to the gallery rather than have to enter keywords afterwards.

Justin

JDClements

• http://www.jdanielclements.com
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008, 09:22:26 pm »

Coppermine can read IPTC and EXIF data, but you won't be able to get keywords into your albums that way. You can add keywords manually by choosing to EDIT the pictures in the album, then you will see the keywords box under the description box. Just type them in there. When editing a page of images in your album, don't forget to SAVE before you go to the next page of images, or you will lose your edits.

There is a plug-in that allows you to add multiple keywords and other such stuff. I haven't used that myself, but you can read about it download it here.

Justinr

• Ink+images
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2008, 08:03:53 am »

Coppermine can read IPTC and EXIF data, but you won't be able to get keywords into your albums that way. You can add keywords manually by choosing to EDIT the pictures in the album, then you will see the keywords box under the description box. Just type them in there. When editing a page of images in your album, don't forget to SAVE before you go to the next page of images, or you will lose your edits.

There is a plug-in that allows you to add multiple keywords and other such stuff. I haven't used that myself, but you can read about it download it here.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=191744\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Many thanks for that.

Justin.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 08:05:31 am by Justinr »
Pages: [1]   Go Up