Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HPZ APS Remeasure Test Chart Question  (Read 1059 times)

dandeliondigital

• http://www.dandeliondigital.com
HPZ APS Remeasure Test Chart Question
« on: April 23, 2008, 02:27:45 pm »

Hi HP APS Users,
Anyone out there using the remeasure Test Chart feature in the HP APS Software? After you print your test chart using the APS Software, getting that target to load and be read is what is driving me to distraction.

Here is a rundown of what I am doing...
In HP APS Software "Workspace" I select with radio button...

• I already printed a test chart

I select the characteristics of the chart in the pop ups, (just to be "safe" --- but I am not sure if that matters or not?

I have selected that the test chart is the correct size to be re-read. I selected "Both Options" meaning Optimized for paper width and Cut to allow remeasure. After the test chart prints out reloading and finishing the process is my problem.

The next screen says Load Testchart "Insert the chart into the HP Designjet printer".

I tried to load the target, but received an error from the printer.

The printer acts as if I am loading paper and not a test target meaning I do not get the feeling that APS is "talking to the printer" at that point. When I load the test target (as I would sheet paper), I have to select "sheet". Upon sheet feeding, I get "Loading Sheet" Please wait message. After that the paper is pushed through and I'm supposed to line the edge with the blue line which I do. Upon engaging the paper release lever on the left side of the printer I receive  the message stating "Paper Not Detected."

In the Software noting has changed on the screen.

Very frustrating.

Anyone using this feature? Please let me know what you are doing right. FYI, I'm on a Mac X.4.11 with the latest HP APS Software v1.32Mac, and am using the 44 in Z3100ps. If anyone knows if this feature really works or not I'd appreciate hearing from them.

Thanks in advance, and so long for now, TOM

PS: I'mpatiently waiting for the Mac Update for my "PS" Z printer of the X.5 Leopard Driver Software, but I am so put off by always being the second class citizen of the HPZ world.
Pages: [1]   Go Up