Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What new projects are you planning?  (Read 7618 times)

b.e.wilson

• http://science.uvsc.edu/wilson
What new projects are you planning?
« on: January 04, 2003, 01:28:23 pm »

[font color=\'#000000\']I figure I'll spend quite a bit of time working on photo guides for out-of-the-way locations I love in Utah. I need to finish my Burr Trail guide, one for the Mount Nebo Scenic loop (not out of the way, but not a draw for out-of-state photographers), one for the Tintic area, and maybe West Desert and Mount Timpanogus guides as well. And I'll have to see about a Uinta guide, as I don't yet know how messed up the place is after the fires last summer. And then there's the Book cliffs, San Rafael Swell areas I need to explore a lot more before I'll know what's there. Enough to keep busy, I guess.[/font]

Paulo Bizarro

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2003, 05:02:25 am »

[font color=\'#000000\']My personal photographic project for 2003 is to try and capture the uniquesses of this beautiful country where I am working now, Oman. This is a country of incredible contrasts, where mountains and deserts meet the Arabian sea. Where traditional ways of life still persist in interior villages. If I am able to capture just a handful of such moments I will be more than happy one year from now.
In the interim of my photographic quests, I still have a job to do![/font]

Jhaelen

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2003, 03:46:50 pm »

I'm currently planning or working on several personal projects.

I am currently photographing with 4x5 along the trails of the Superstition Wilderness. I am trying to capture nice shots of many of the major areas within the wilderness from the Sonoran desert zone to the high elevations and pine tree areas of Reavis Ranch. This is long term, but so far has been very satisfying.

With wildflower season approaching here, and having decent rainfall recently, I will be doing wildflower landscapes in many of the Sonoran desert areas such as Superstition Wilderness, Four Peaks, Picacho, and Organ Pipe. Timing always seems very difficult for me with this subject but I will be devoting most of the early spring to this. Should be great fun!

Daniel

Jonathan Wienke

• http://visual-vacations.com/
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2003, 04:38:38 am »

Lately I have been taking nighttime urban fogscapes, using ambient lighting. It has been unusually foggy where I live in California lately, and I have been exploring the effect this has on the way things look--taking images of common places and things under unusual conditions to show them from an unusual perspective. Here is a link to a picture I took of Lowe's Parking Lot in Vacaville.

marksct

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2003, 02:53:21 pm »

A few trips are on my agenda. I live in Connecticut.
Next month my wife is away for a few days with here sister so I am driving up to Arcadia National Park in Maine (1Ds, Long, short lenses, XPan).<br>
Next in the Summer I am going to San Francisco and Wine country. (1Ds, XPan, Leica 6)<Br>
October I am attending Bruce Dale's (Long time National Geo Photographer) workshop in New Mexico (Digital only, 1Ds, though I will sneak in my XPan)<br>
other than that I will hit the local of NYC and Long Island.
Great images continue to exist even if t

Dan Sroka

• http://www.danielsroka.com
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2003, 12:32:26 pm »

[font color=\'#000000\']Ah, it is a new year, a time to start new projects. So I'm curious -- what personal projects do people have planned for the new year? We have all of these great photographers gathering on this site, and I have so little idea of what any of you is up to! Anyone got an idea burning in their head that they are just itching to try? What are people planning to do with all this expensive new equipment everyone's constantly posting about?  

One project I am curious about exploring is the streetscape of my local town. Here in California, we are surrounded by towns that grew up in the 1950s, and are full of wonderful artifacts of that time: old neon, funky business signs, so-ugly-they're-beautiful building facades, etc. I've been meaning to do a little exploration with my camera before gentrification cleans it all away.

How about you?[/font]

Tim Gray

• http://www.timgrayphotography.com
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2003, 09:36:33 pm »

[font color=\'#000000\']Within a couple of hours of where I live (Toronto Ontario) there are over 30 waterfalls on the Niagara Escarpment.  I'm planning to capture as many as I can for each of the 4 seasons.[/font]

Dan Sroka

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2003, 12:44:38 pm »

[font color=\'#000000\']Tim, I grew up in Buffalo, so I know about that area. One of these days I'd like to spend a serious amount of time photographing the waterfalls and gorges throughout upstate New York. I had one day this fall in Ithaca, and had a blast walking up the creeks.[/font]

Andy Biggs

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2003, 03:16:45 pm »

Since my wife and I moved away from northern California this past summer, I am in search of places to photograph here in the hill country of Texas. The large, dynamics landscapes just aren't the same out here, and the drives between each location are much farther than what I am used to. However, Big Bend N.P. is out here, and the central Texas hill country really presents itself each spring with the bluebonnet wildflowers.

glen gaffney

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2003, 04:50:04 am »

I belong to a camera club called sudbury photo club we have a weekly meeting. We have all sorts of competitions. The subjects this year are the following.
fog
clouds
patterns
ugly
forsaken
children
silohettes
shadows
lost
cows
nature 3 x national competition
pictorial 3 x national competition
There is always something to shoot for.
I try to get some creative juices going. It usually pays off.

Robert DeCandido, PhD

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2003, 08:51:51 pm »

Hello,

Am soon off for 18 months to Eilat, Israel to work at the International Bird Research Center.  So I am hoping to document the migratory birds (especially raptors) that pass through that area; will also photograph nesting Shrikes (3 species).  Hope to photograph the spring wildflowers of the Negev Desert and make my way to Petra in Jordon too.

Closer to home, hope to have more time to finish my work in Central Park.  And have a long-term project documenting the wildflowers of New York City (1300+ native species).  Finally, my 15+ year project documenting Pelham Bay Park in the Bronx should be ending (soon)...

www.BirdingBob.com

rdc/nyc

Dan Sroka

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2003, 01:36:10 pm »

Is that workshop at the Santa Fe Workshops? I'll be going there in two weeks for a lighting class!

Dan
Pages: [1]   Go Up