Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Zealand Photography Tour  (Read 44062 times)

Tony Jay

Re: New Zealand Photography Tour
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2012, 04:53:07 am »

Welcome to LuLa Dave.
Unfortunately your question is too vague for a really helpful answer.
Your wife appears to be the photographer - perhaps she should really be posing the questions.

There is an enormous amount of genuine expertise on this forum but no-one can problem solve in a vacuum.

Regards

Tony Jay

Kenneth Sky

• http://
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2012, 07:47:13 pm »

I've been there 5 times (to see the grandkids) and notice no one talks much about the north island. What a shame. From the western beaches of Aukland and the Ranges, to Bay of Plenty, Bay of Islands, Rotarua, Tongariro Trek, Hawkes Bay (especially Napier) to the islands in Hauraki Gulf (Waiheke, Rangitoto, Kirikiri) you could stay your whole trip on the North Island and never have seen all the photographic opportunities.

Type1

« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2012, 05:28:24 pm »

I'd also recommend New Zealand for some great scenery. Though nothing compares to the diversity of the US. I'll be heading there soon to shoot some landscape photography

madguppy

« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2014, 08:12:05 am »

Hi guys...first post on the forums but felt I had to.  Came here a few months ago to do some research on a few trips I was planning and came across this thread and Phil from Capture NZ.  I wanted to thank all of you for directing me to him.  My fiancĂ© and I just returned from 3 weeks in New Zealand, 2 of which were with Phil on his tour.  The country is a beautiful land but all of it is enhanced by Phil's local knowledge and stories.  Just as mentioned before, he's been around the island on numerous occasions and knows ALL the spots for whatever mother nature brings your way.  If we had gone it alone I doubt I would have half the wall-hangers I came back with.  His attention to detail was above and beyond...from opening the car doors for us all, washing the car in the wee hours of the morning before we left for sunrise shoots, turning on the seat warmers...and MOST importantly, knowing the BEST coffee house in each town we stopped! 

Can't rave enough about his tour...hope this helps anyone else heading down to NZ.  Pick Phil...it's a no brainer!
Just don't serve him an espresso in a coffee mug...gets UGLY

John

redronin

« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2014, 07:47:30 am »

If you're looking for photography tours and trips in the region, check out http://phototripster.com

It's an online directory of photography tours and trips around the world.

I'm going to be adding the photography tour companies listed here - it'll be a great addition to the directory.

macphotography08

« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2014, 03:12:34 am »

I think New Zealand is heaven on earth for landscape photography.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up