Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lcd monitors, do they drift? what affects them  (Read 1676 times)

tived

• http://
Lcd monitors, do they drift? what affects them
« on: April 21, 2008, 01:12:29 am »

Hi guys,

I calibrate my monitors to 6500k 2.2Gamma and 90cdm

I am living in lovely warm sunny isolated Perth Western Australia, however, here over the week-end I guess winter suddenly just came and we are down to 20 degrees C :-) yes, its cold!!!

Now, I had just calibrated my LCD on friday morning, after it had been sitting there for an hour or so. Looked great! when I was done.

Monday morning and we have this nasty cold weather, we have 17-19C inside in the office (normally 25+) when 30+ outside.

My monitor, was really dark and upon cranking up iOne's software, I noticed that my luminence was now down to 72 cd/m WOW!!! no wonder the images looked dark and moody.

So I watched my screen and took som readings since I wasn't busy on this machine and measured with a laser non-contact thermometer, it registered 28C on the middle of the screen, room temp was 17C.
My original brightness was set at 30points, in order for me to archive my 90 cd/m I had to crank it up to 48points
over 45min, and I will spare you the readings, the room temp went up to 19-20C and the monitor went to 31C, with upper corner temp being 2-3 degrees hotter and bottom corners 2-3 degrees cooler then the centre.
my monitor kept changing during this period, and my original friday brightness reading of 30 went down to 48 ( 43, 41, 38), and then progressively down to 35 in this almost one hour period.

Now, how does the enviroment affect our color calibrations/ monitors, or is this just a freak change in temp?

Maybe I am just getting too perinoid?

thanks

Henrik

PS: better do some work!
« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 01:17:37 am by tived »
Pages: [1]   Go Up