Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: P30 TIF to Jpeg Droplet Possible?  (Read 6814 times)

Snook

P30 TIF to Jpeg Droplet Possible?
« on: April 19, 2008, 11:21:02 am »

Sorry but could not find this anywhere here?
I miss the way Canon automatically makes jpegs along with RAW as I just pass the Jpegs to the client right away.. very nice.
Just wondering if it is possible to make a droplet in PS to change the p30 TIF's to Jpegs pretty fast? faster than or easier than having to batch C-1..
Are droplets possible with RAW settings/ACR windows?
Does anybody know if this is possible and or even worth trying..
Thanks a lot for any advice or info..
Snook

Jonathan Wienke

• http://visual-vacations.com/
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2008, 11:33:06 am »

Select a group of RAWs or DNGs in Bridge, and then run the Web Prep Color action from the action set here:

http://www.visual-vacations.com/Photograph...ningActions.htm

Any adjustments you make to the RAWs in Bridge (setting WB, curves, color tweaks, etc) will be applied to the final output JPEG images.

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2008, 02:27:40 pm »

Naturally you can make an action for this and save it out to a droplet. No problem however I have had some difficulties running batches from out of PS directly over RAW images, Tiff and JPG no problems only RAW. This is why I use the image processor from the bridge which runs very smootly with RAW files (Nikon, Leaf, Hasselblad, DNG are the ones I use).

I save out the images in the format I like and run a pre-cooked action. Easy way of prepping a couple of hundred images fast in the same style.

You set them up in ACR and run the image processor over them. If your lighting has been consistent you only have to do 1 images and can copy the image settings over the rest before your process.

I have multiple actions I can run over the files, I normally would open 1 file post process it the way I like it. Turn the whole process into an action (which can have a lot of steps, sometimes 30 or more) and than apply the action over the whole set of images.

Advantage of this approach is that you limit the time you are busy PP'ing and have your computer spit out the files while you are having fun with your wife and children

Sure there will always be other stuff you have to do on a per-file level basis but that can be done afterwards. You can have the image processor spit out both PSD's as well as JPG's where the PSD's can be used for further post processing.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 02:37:57 pm by Dustbak »

william

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2008, 02:39:18 pm »

Unless I'm missing something in your question, Phase One's Preview Converter application may be what you're looking for:

http://www.phaseone.com/Content/Downloads/COforMac.aspx

(see the very last download at the bottom of that page)

I no longer have a MF digital back, but when I did have my P30+, I used this application and it was very fast at batching JPEGs that I could give to the client at the end of the shoot.  Much much faster than doing it thru Capture One, as Preview Converter produces the JPEGs from the embedded preview files, rather than from the full sized RAW files.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 02:40:53 pm by william »

Snook

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2008, 03:04:33 pm »

Unless I'm missing something in your question, Phase One's Preview Converter application may be what you're looking for:

http://www.phaseone.com/Content/Downloads/COforMac.aspx

(see the very last download at the bottom of that page)

I no longer have a MF digital back, but when I did have my P30+, I used this application and it was very fast at batching JPEGs that I could give to the client at the end of the shoot.  Much much faster than doing it thru Capture One, as Preview Converter produces the JPEGs from the embedded preview files, rather than from the full sized RAW files.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=190648\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
William Thanks I have never ever seen that.. Guess never really looked as I always shot Canon before..:+}
Basically that bust out some jpegs based on the previews really fast?
Will have to try it out for sure.. Does it use the settings I put in like sharpening etc... like the actual preview does?
Thanks for any further help if you have time...
Thanks also to you DustBak..:+}

Snook

DesW

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2008, 05:36:34 pm »

William Thanks I have never ever seen that.. Guess never really looked as I always shot Canon before..:+}
Basically that bust out some jpegs based on the previews really fast?
Will have to try it out for sure.. Does it use the settings I put in like sharpening etc... like the actual preview does?
Thanks for any further help if you have time...
Thanks also to you DustBak..:+}

Snook
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=190651\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yoh Snooky,

Don't forget Russell Browns Excellent Image processor
 CS3>File>Scripts>Image Processor
Or free download from his site if earlier CS/etc.
Faster than most of the above.

Des

Snook

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2008, 06:59:14 pm »

Yoh Snooky,

Don't forget Russell Browns Excellent Image processor
 CS3>File>Scripts>Image Processor
Or free download from his site if earlier CS/etc.
Faster than most of the above.

Des
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=190672\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Des, Does that work with RAW files from Phase one?
I do  know about that script but was not sure you could set it up to work with .TIF files through ACR?
Thanks
Snook

DesW

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2008, 10:52:46 am »

Des, Does that work with RAW files from Phase one?
I do  know about that script but was not sure you could set it up to work with .TIF files through ACR?
Thanks
Snook
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yep, Runs all Phase Back Files fine-- I only use it in a pinch tho as ACR is a stinker for the Phase tifs
I prefer C1 Pro or the excellent RAW Dev from Iridient.

Des
[a href=\"http://www.deswilliams.com/]http://www.deswilliams.com/[/url]

ctz

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2008, 11:25:49 am »

I've tried to run preview converter, but for some reason it does not work on my macpro with 10.4.11 (it's coming with something like the "...-001.TIF' is not a valid raw file - skipping" and i'm talking about  p45+ raw files with, well, *TIF extension ).

In CO 4.1 I use "Make Web Contact Sheet" command. That works super fast, generating a 1000px jpeg gallery in seconds (ie. for 3-400 pics). This is imho way better than Preview Converter might do, because this way you can apply some quick settings to the images. (cropping, color temp., curves, etc).

HTH

clawery

• http://www.captureintegration.com  / www.chrislawery.com
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2008, 10:04:24 am »

I've tried to run preview converter, but for some reason it does not work on my macpro with 10.4.11 (it's coming with something like the "...-001.TIF' is not a valid raw file - skipping" and i'm talking about  p45+ raw files with, well, *TIF extension ).

In CO 4.1 I use "Make Web Contact Sheet" command. That works super fast, generating a 1000px jpeg gallery in seconds (ie. for 3-400 pics). This is imho way better than Preview Converter might do, because this way you can apply some quick settings to the images. (cropping, color temp., curves, etc).

HTH
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

HTH,

The Phase One Preview Converter only works with the non P+ files.  If you read the release notes you'll see that they don't  support the newer backs currently.  Hopefully they will make one for the  new P+ files.

Chris Lawery
Sales Manager
chris@captureintegration.com
[a href=\"http://www.captureintegration.com]Capture Integration, Phase One Dealer of the Year[/url]

877-217-9870 | National
404-234-5195 | Cell  

ctz

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2008, 10:29:34 am »

Hello Chris,

Good to know this.
Anyway, in my opinion I'll better use the CO4 (super fast) contact sheet, even if i'd have support for the plus files. I guess the converter show its worth if you have to quickly generate some 5-6000 jpegs at once. I hardly shoot more then 3-400 images per shooting.

Thanks, anyway

Ciprian

Snook

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2008, 10:43:31 am »

Hello Chris,

Good to know this.
Anyway, in my opinion I'll better use the CO4 (super fast) contact sheet, even if i'd have support for the plus files. I guess the converter show its worth if you have to quickly generate some 5-6000 jpegs at once. I hardly shoot more then 3-400 images per shooting.

Thanks, anyway

Ciprian
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=190977\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
CT...
May I ask how you do your workflow?
I have not even gotten into C-1 4 as it does not have the tethered ability I do not use it at all.
but I am interested in the fastest way to give my clients their Jpegs (low) for selecting only.
And so far the c-1 3.7.8 takes too long in my mind?
I do have a P30 not + so I will try it today in studio..
Otherwise , What would be the quickest way to use the C-1 4 web contact sheet from a session I tethered to C-1 Pro 3.7.8?
Or is it going to take as long to preview the Pictures loading them into C-1 4? to be able and take advantage of the contact sheet web deal?
Thanks for any further help
Hopefully the Previewer Jpeg maker will work and that would be great..
Snook

ctz

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2008, 04:31:20 pm »

Quote from: Snook,Apr 21 2008, 04:43 PM
CT...
May I ask how you do your workflow?

Nothing special
I shoot tethered to CO378
At the end of the session I open the capture folder in CO4.
Some quick adjustments
then Web Contact sheet
then the final processing to TIFFs, also in C4, which is as fast and better than LR, imho
(then MediaPro and archiving to NAS and DVDs)

Yes, we still have to wait for the Pro or DB version of CO4, but untill then...

Just give it a try and see for yourself, for jpegs it's way faster than Co378 quickproof or anything, nevermind LR.

PS
Oh, and it works also for other kind od RAW files (I have a Nikon D300)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 04:34:27 pm by ctz »

Snook

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2008, 06:41:35 pm »

AMAZING guys thanks..
The previewer Jpeg converter is sweet!
I cannot believe I knew nothing about that before..
It makes them Lightning fast..
My computer assistant had the Biggest smile on his face all day...:+}
I think he was even happier than me and I do not do the converting..:+}
In any case I will have to try importing a whole days shoot into C-1 4.0.1 to check and see if it takes a long time to import..?
There is no Hot folder type thing for C-1 4.01 where they get imported automatically?
But anyhow the Preview converter program is SWEET...:+} and works so easy..
Tales about 20 seconds to change several 100's shots from a P30...
Thanks for the heads up on that...
I appreciate it and my assistants..
Snook
« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 06:43:40 pm by Snook »

clawery

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2008, 08:46:37 pm »

Snook,

Take a look at this video blog that Doug Peterson did in our Miami office.  

http://www.captureintegration.com/2008/02/18/525/

It will show you how to shoot using C1 3.7.8 and have it directly imported and viewed in C1 4.

Chris Lawery
Sales Manager
Capture Integration, Phase One Dealer of the Year

877-217-9870 | National
404-234-5195 | Cell  

Snook

« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2008, 06:36:56 pm »

Thanks a lot Chris.
And John.. I tried the C-1 4.0.1 yesterday and it did not change my names at all??
Also the Preview converter is great.
Bascially you drag the Preview folder in the Capture One folder where your download go to and you drag it to the converter icon (Mac) here, and it converts the the RAWS to Jpegs based on the Preview at the time of converting...:+}
And REALLY Fast.
I was really amazed and never knew of this as I just got into medium format. I have been using C-1 for many years but for the Canon which already produces Jpegs along with RAW as you may know.
In any case check it out it is a must in my mind if you are shooting Medium Format and need quick low jpegs to pass the client right away..
Priceless for my assistant..:+}
The web thing in 4.0 looks nice and was lighting fast also..:+}
Just I usually shoot tethered to C-1 and did not wan to change over to 4.0 until it is Pro and you can tether direct..:+}
Hope that is what you wanted to know..

Snook

clawery

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2008, 03:10:10 pm »

Here is a PDF that just came out and was a link on the RAW News e-mail blast from Phase One.
It walks you through the Capture One 4 contact sheet process.  It does mention that you only can do a maximum of 875 images. Sorry if this is redundant.

[attachment=6237:attachment]

Chris Lawery
Sales Manager
Capture Integration, Phase One Dealer of the Year

877-217-9870 | National
404-234-5195 | Cell  
Pages: [1]   Go Up