Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: PRINTING RESOLUTION  (Read 9148 times)

milanjosipovic

PRINTING RESOLUTION
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2008, 02:57:53 pm »

In the end your going to have to judge for yourself. Qimage, and the host of other resizing packages do a good job although I would be hard pressed to admit that they do anything more than a subtly better job than PS bicubic. The other issue. as far as resizing goes, is that you will probably want to do a last round of sharpening at the final output size, so the difference between resizing to 150ppi, 180ppi, and 300ppi may not make much difference in how the printed piece will look, it will however affect you sharpening technique and processing time. I hate these discussion about what will and will not work because most peoples assumptions are influenced by their particular taste and the type of work they do. I've seen 3mp digicams produce wonderful 24X36 (really!) and 10mp cameras fail at producing a quality 16X20. So my only advise is to listen to the above suggestions and make a few test prints at full size, it's an expense, but it's better to waste a bit of paper with experimenting in the beginning before knocking out your whole portfolio.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=192759\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thank you Julian
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up