Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: New Sinar eMotion screens  (Read 11261 times)

Graham Mitchell

New Sinar eMotion screens
« on: April 17, 2008, 08:44:24 pm »

So far there has been some information about this posted deep in another thread, so I think it deserves a dedicated thread.

So far Thierry has said:

Prices for the upgrade have been communicated to our distributors: it does not only concern the new display, but also new internal electronic board.

This upgrade will be available in a first step and starting now, for the Sinar Hy6 - eMotion 75 LV system and this until May 31st: this upgrade does include the new revolving adapter.

As of June 01st 2008, the possibility to upgrade a Sinarback eMotion 75/75LV as described above will be available also without the Revolving adapter.

To be considered: this Hy6 - eMotion 75 LV system upgrade path is offered during the limited period with a discount of about 30% from its normal enduser price.

Recommended enduser price, respectively enduser price in Switzerland for the upgrade of this "Sinar Hy6 - e75 LV" should be (as always, can vary from country to country) around Euro 1'850.- (including the revolving adapter), from now until May 31st 2008.

Recommended enduser price respectively enduser price in Switzerland for the upgrade of eMotion 75 or 75 LV should be (as always, can vary from country to country) around Euro 1'500.- (excluding the revolving adapter), as per June 01st 2008.

Best regards,
Thierry

Will this be available for the 54LV and e22 too?

What is the price for the new screen without the adapter? (Useful for those who already have the adapter!)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2008, 08:46:19 pm by foto-z »

thsinar

• http://www.sinarcameras.com
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2008, 11:36:58 pm »

Thanks Graham, for opening a dedicated thread.

There is no planed upgrade of the same with the eMotion 22 or 54 LV, and I sincerely do not know if this is or is not a possibility. I shall inform if getting specific information.

Your second question: do you mean the "Revolving Adaper", when saying "those having already the adapter"? In this case, the upgrade alone (display + electronic board) is what I have mentioned in my post, about Euro 1'500.- (for the e75/e75LV only), and available as per June 01st 2008.

But my guess is that you're asking the price for the e22/e54 LV: so no there is no price for this upgrade, since not existing.

Best regards,
Thierry

So far there has been some information about this posted deep in another thread, so I think it deserves a dedicated thread.

So far Thierry has said:
Will this be available for the 54LV and e22 too?

What is the price for the new screen without the adapter? (Useful for those who already have the adapter!)
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=190290\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

Prakash Patel

• http://www.prakashpatel.com
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2008, 12:20:22 am »

Thanks Graham, for opening a dedicated thread.

There is no planed upgrade of the same with the eMotion 22 or 54 LV, and I sincerely do not know if this is or is not a possibility. I shall inform if getting specific information.

Your second question: do you mean the "Revolving Adaper", when saying "those having already the adapter"? In this case, the upgrade alone (display + electronic board) is what I have mentioned in my post, about Euro 1'500.- (for the e75/e75LV only), and available as per June 01st 2008.

But my guess is that you're asking the price for the e22/e54 LV: so no there is no price for this upgrade, since not existing.

Best regards,
Thierry
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=190313\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thierry

I missed the thread that Graham is referencing...........Can you please describe this screen and electronic upgrade in more detail? Is the screen larger? What are the logistics to get the upgrade....do you overnight the back to Sinar and get it back within 48hours?
thanks

thsinar

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2008, 12:34:45 am »

Hi Prakash,

here what I have been writing, yesterday:

Sinar Hy6 - eMotion 75 LV / eMotion 75 & eMotion 75 LV Upgrades

"Prices for the upgrade have been communicated to our distributors: it does not only concern the new display, but also new internal electronic board.

This upgrade will be available in a first step and starting now, for the Sinar Hy6 - eMotion 75 LV system and this until May 31st: this upgrade does include the new revolving adapter.

As of June 01st 2008, the possibility to upgrade a Sinarback eMotion 75/75LV as described above will be available also without the Revolving adapter.

To be considered: this Hy6 - eMotion 75 LV system upgrade path is offered during the limited period with a discount of about 30% from its normal enduser price.

Recommended enduser price, respectively enduser price in Switzerland for the upgrade of this "Sinar Hy6 - e75 LV" should be (as always, can vary from country to country) around Euro 1'850.- (including the revolving adapter), from now until May 31st 2008.

Recommended enduser price respectively enduser price in Switzerland for the upgrade of eMotion 75 or 75 LV should be (as always, can vary from country to country) around Euro 1'500.- (excluding the revolving adapter), as per June 01st 2008".

The swap, since it is a brand new eMotion 75 which is sent should be done in a few days: in practical, our distributors have to place order for the upgrade and they will then be informed when the new back is ready, in order to minimize this swap-time: I guess that starting June 01st all will be in place to have the swap done in a few days, may be 48 hours.

Best regards,
Thierry

Thierry

I missed the thread that Graham is referencing...........Can you please describe this screen and electronic upgrade in more detail? Is the screen larger? What are the logistics to get the upgrade....do you overnight the back to Sinar and get it back within 48hours?
thanks
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=190316\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 12:40:41 am by thsinar »
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

guano

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2008, 06:52:23 am »

Hi Thierry,

Thanks for all your posts - you've certainly been an influencing factor in my ordering of the Hy6!

I've been trying to track down as many details as possible of the upgrade you mention. Thus far, it's clear that there is a huge improvement to the LCD screen on the eMotion, a new electrical board and the revolving adapter. Having spoken to my Sinar rep in the UK (where the upgrade price will be around 2500.-EUR + tax ), it apparently also has something to do with significantly improved image quality and better performance at higher ISOs, though he was rather surprised that I knew about the upgrade at all! Could you shed any light on this, please?

Naturally, having just received my Hy6 + eMotion 75 combo, I'm wondering if it will be worth sinking the extra money into an upgrade so quickly. Better image quality is certainly desirable, as is the 2.5" display, but my bank manager may not agree !

Added to this, I only read this thread today, having placed an order for the revolving adapter yesterday...

thsinar

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2008, 07:27:50 am »

Dear Guano,

Yes, the IQ at high ISO has significantly been improved, but also general IQ. Many times (small) improvements in IQ get unnoticed in the market and are obtained by some firmware updates or other small changes, but I can assure that we do not sleep and are continuously working on IQ and other improvements, when many are thinking that nothing happens.

This time we have found it necessary to communicate it officially and include in this announcement  an attractive price for the upgrade to this new 2.5" display + a revolving adapter + an enhancement of the hardware, all this at a very attractive price.

Not only is the new 2.5" display bigger than the previous one, but its quality has been significantly improved.

To your personal question:

- I have waited to announce this until the information was released officially to our distributors first, which is normal. However, and due to the time difference between Bangkok and GMT in London (Bangkok 6 hours ahead), I would forgive your distributor if he did not have time to announce it to you.

- your revolving adapter already ordered: speak with your distributor and am sure that you shall find a flexible solution with him, should you wish to take advantage of the upgrade.

Best regards,
Thierry

Hi Thierry,

Thanks for all your posts - you've certainly been an influencing factor in my ordering of the Hy6!

I've been trying to track down as many details as possible of the upgrade you mention. Thus far, it's clear that there is a huge improvement to the LCD screen on the eMotion, a new electrical board and the revolving adapter. Having spoken to my Sinar rep in the UK (where the upgrade price will be around 2500.-EUR + tax ), it apparently also has something to do with significantly improved image quality and better performance at higher ISOs, though he was rather surprised that I knew about the upgrade at all! Could you shed any light on this, please?

Naturally, having just received my Hy6 + eMotion 75 combo, I'm wondering if it will be worth sinking the extra money into an upgrade so quickly. Better image quality is certainly desirable, as is the 2.5" display, but my bank manager may not agree !

Added to this, I only read this thread today, having placed an order for the revolving adapter yesterday...
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=190352\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

guano

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2008, 08:26:34 am »

Yes, the IQ at high ISO has significantly been improved, but also general IQ. Many times (small) improvements in IQ get unnoticed in the market and are obtained by some firmware updates or other small changes, but I can assure that we do not sleep and are continuously working on IQ and other improvements, when many are thinking that nothing happens.

Thanks for this, Thierry - helpful as always. I would never have thought that Sinar sleep if your example is one to go by , and all the recent developments are very much proof-positive to any who would say that nothing happens - on the contrary!  

- I have waited to announce this until the information was released officially to our distributors first, which is normal. However, and due to the time difference between Bangkok and GMT in London (Bangkok 6 hours ahead), I would forgive your distributor if he did not have time to announce it to you.

Ah, sorry - I didn't mean to ask about that - bad phrasing on my part. I'm aware of the time difference, and my Sinar rep in the UK is always extremely forthcoming with information - just that I caught him before he'd read the announcement in detail - no complaints here!

- your revolving adapter already ordered: speak with your distributor and am sure that you shall find a flexible solution with him, should you wish to take advantage of the upgrade.

As you say, a flexible solution has been reached and I'll be investigating the upgrade when more details are released.

Thanks again for your reply and I look forward to hearing more about things as details become available!

Best wishes,
Guano

BJNY

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2008, 09:20:13 am »

Tthe IQ at high ISO has significantly been improved, but also general IQ. Many times (small) improvements in IQ get unnoticed in the market and are obtained by some firmware updates or other small changes, but I can assure that we do not sleep and are continuously working on IQ and other improvements, when many are thinking that nothing happens.

Not only is the new 2.5" display bigger than the previous one, but its quality has been significantly improved.

Thierry,
Please let us be the judge if the improvements are significant
• by showing the same image on both old and new screen side by side at same brightness setting.
• by photographing the same exact low light scene with both old and new e75lv, and making the files available for examination.
Thank you,
Billy
Guillermo

thsinar

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2008, 09:28:18 am »

Dear Billy,

I understand your "skepticism", but honestly and frankly spoken, this is now simply the distributors' job: for something they should still be there, right?

Best regards,
Thierry

Thierry,
• by showing the same image on both old and new screen side by side at same brightness setting.
• by photographing the same exact low light scene with both old and new e75lv, and making the files available for examination.
Thank you,
Billy
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=190377\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 10:00:48 am by thsinar »
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

BJNY

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2008, 09:36:46 am »

Whomever's job it is, doing so will aid in selling either the e75lv or the upgrade, so it SHOULD get done.
Imagine how many times "how significant is the improvement?" is going to be asked by existing and potential owners.

I wasn't feeling skeptical at all, btw.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 09:59:34 am by BJNY »
Guillermo

thsinar

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2008, 10:04:42 am »

I was ironical and teasing  you, Billy!

Honestly, you are right, this question will be asked. And I am sure that all distributors will be able to answer and show it in practice.
I will as well like usual forward such a request coming from the market.

Best regards,
Thierry

Whomever's job it is, doing so will aid in selling either the e75lv or the upgrade, so it SHOULD get done.
Imagine how many times "how significant is the improvement?" is going to be asked by existing and potential owners.

I wasn't feeling skeptical at all, btw.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=190384\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

guano

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2008, 10:08:28 am »

Whomever's job it is, doing it will help sell either the e75lv or the upgrade, so it SHOULD get done.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=190384\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

After Thierry's response to my questions, I fired off an e-mail to my rep to ask for just those things! I'll update with said images when I get them (probably after I get back from holiday in a week or so).

BJNY

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2008, 11:30:43 am »

Thierry,
I'm not asking for myself since I don't own an eMotion (yet?)
but do owners of the earliest eMotion75 get live video capability with this upgrade?
Billy
Guillermo

thsinar

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2008, 11:38:29 am »

Billy,

No, this is not included: one can not have the "butter", the "milkman" and in addition the "money of it" (saying in my country).

However: those who own an eMotion 75 without LV capability do so because they wanted it without. Live Video is available since quite some time, and at the date of its availability there were some very attracting upgrade possibilities and even some bundle with free LV.

Best regards,
Thierry

Thierry,
I'm not asking for myself since I don't own an eMotion (yet?)
but do owners of the earliest eMotion75 get live video capability with this upgrade?
Billy
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=190414\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

James R Russell

• http://www.russellrutherford.com/
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2008, 11:57:09 am »

Thierry,
Thank you,
Billy
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=190377\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

A significant improvement will be in the preview of the images, whether that results from a larger lcd screen or a better preview file and this holds true for every medium format camera.

There is a void on image review.  Either you run a large workstation where the client's huddle around the digital tech or you shoot to the camera and have someone at the base of your back feet trying to peer at the tiny lcd.

Leaf had a great idea with the Ipaq wi-fi device, (in theory), though in practice it's still limited to a challanged preview file.

I still don't understand why digital backs can't make a jpeg as well as a raw file and that jpeg could be wi-fid to an iphone running some form 802 whatever, or even cheaper to an I-pod touch running the same.

I can't really explain how much this would aid in production to hand a few of these over to clients and let them review the shoot, even scrub through and look at what was shot.

JR

klane

• I live in a c-stand fort.
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2008, 03:03:42 pm »

Wrong thread sorry.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 03:22:10 pm by klane »

ynp

• http://
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2008, 03:56:08 pm »

Dear Thierry,
Will the upgraded eMotion back use the RGB sensorof the Hy6?
Yevgeny

thsinar

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2008, 09:23:37 pm »

Dear Yevgeny,

according to my knowledge, this has nothing to do with an upgrade of the digital back, but is a software function to be integrated.

Best regards,
Thierry

Dear Thierry,
Will the upgraded eMotion back use the RGB sensorof the Hy6?
Yevgeny
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=190461\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

BJNY

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2008, 09:50:57 am »

Thierry,
As far as you know, has the styling/cosmetics/buttons changed to accommodate the larger 2.5" screen?
Guillermo

thsinar

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2008, 10:08:55 am »

Billy,

I will be able to answer your questions precisely next Monday: I am going to switzerland tomorrow night to get my new demo unit.

Please be patient a couple of days or so.

Thierry

Thierry,
As far as you know, has the styling/cosmetics/buttons changed to accommodate the larger 2.5" screen?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=190591\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up