Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: wide format long print advise  (Read 2082 times)

andylaiphoto

wide format long print advise
« on: April 17, 2008, 05:47:19 pm »

I'm in the process of printing a file that is 44in high by 162in wide.  Any suggestions on setup to keep the print from being damaged in the process?  

I figured a simple solution would be to have a large enough space set in front of the printer to manually lay out the print as it's being made.  If you have something more automated I would love to hear your suggestions.

This is coming off an Epson 9600

Thanks

jule

• http://www.juliestephenson.net
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2008, 07:51:38 pm »

quote=jule,Apr 18 2008, 09:51 AM]

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=190279\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
[/quote]
oops... replied incorrectly...had just been reading about file size in another thread and somehow inadvertently opened wrong thread to reply to. Post deleted.

Julie
« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 06:08:41 pm by jule »

Zachary

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2008, 08:12:34 pm »

I'm in the process of printing a file that is 44in high by 162in wide.  Any suggestions on setup to keep the print from being damaged in the process? 

I figured a simple solution would be to have a large enough space set in front of the printer to manually lay out the print as it's being made.  If you have something more automated I would love to hear your suggestions.

This is coming off an Epson 9600

Thanks
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=190248\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I print a lot of awfully long stuff on our 9800 and just get behind the printer and keep rolling it up in the cloth catch basket as it comes off the printer. Not elegant, but it works.

That is an very long file to try to lay out flat in front of the printer. Plus, the chances of it getting dirty are very high.
Pages: [1]   Go Up