Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Quiet cameras!  (Read 2268 times)

roskav

• http://www.roskavanagh.com
Quiet cameras!
« on: April 17, 2008, 02:16:44 pm »

Hi I had a job photographing a quiet concert in a church.. and while I'd normally shoot performance at a dress rehearsal with a noisy D3 I was thinking that I'd have to use something quieter for this ... so I hired a Canon 40d with 70-200 and used it in live view.   So quiet.. really good.  Only problem was focussing with that not so good screen... 50% of the shots were off ..even though I spent a bit of time getting the focus.  So here's the question ... what are my long term options with Nikon gear.... does anything approach the noise level of the 40d with live view?  My D3's mirror slaps down after each shot in live view ..(something firmware could fix?) I tried a d300 in the shop the other day .. was a bit quieter but not much.... I'd never use a blimp BTW ... not much room for spontonaety!

Ros

macgyver

Quiet cameras!
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2008, 06:57:52 pm »

Hi I had a job photographing a quiet concert in a church.. and while I'd normally shoot performance at a dress rehearsal with a noisy D3 I was thinking that I'd have to use something quieter for this ... so I hired a Canon 40d with 70-200 and used it in live view.   So quiet.. really good.  Only problem was focussing with that not so good screen... 50% of the shots were off ..even though I spent a bit of time getting the focus.  So here's the question ... what are my long term options with Nikon gear.... does anything approach the noise level of the 40d with live view?  My D3's mirror slaps down after each shot in live view ..(something firmware could fix?) I tried a d300 in the shop the other day .. was a bit quieter but not much.... I'd never use a blimp BTW ... not much room for spontonaety!

Ros
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=190194\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

If you aren't willing to use a blimp you may be up a creek. Try cutting some of the available neoprene cases to fit a working camera, that may dampen it some.
Pages: [1]   Go Up