Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: H1/H2/H3 Format CF Card / Film Rewind Button  (Read 2912 times)

jecxz

• http://www.jecxz.com
H1/H2/H3 Format CF Card / Film Rewind Button
« on: April 17, 2008, 12:34:10 pm »

I seldom used the recessed Film Rewind button on my H2s.

Now, with the H3DII, Hasselblad has changed the function of this button to format a CF card – very good idea and I use it every time I slip a CF card in. Works great!

On one of my H bodies, this button works 100% of the time with my thumbnail (as it did with my H2s).

With my second H body, the button does not protrude far enough so I have to use something pointy and small (i.e. a paperclip) to press it (in other words, using a finger nail doesn’t press it).

Question: Can you check your H1/H2/H3 body and tell me if you can press this button with your finger nail and let me know here or privately?

Why: I sent my brand new H3DII in to get this button adjusted (so I can use my finger nail) and Hasselblad New Jersey says they tested it with a pencil and it works fine - that I should use a pencil - they returned the camera to my dealer (Fotocare in NYC) without fixing it. I just want to find out if you guys can use your finger nail or not.

Thanks for your help. Be well.

josayeruk

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2008, 01:56:23 pm »

Actually I find is DOESN'T work with a finger nail but is much more reliable with a firm thumb press.

Try it!

Jo s.x

James R Russell

• http://www.russellrutherford.com/
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2008, 02:33:20 pm »

I seldom used the recessed Film Rewind button on my H2s.

Now, with the H3DII, Hasselblad has changed the function of this button to format a CF card – very good idea and I use it every time I slip a CF card in. Works great!

On one of my H bodies, this button works 100% of the time with my thumbnail (as it did with my H2s).

With my second H body, the button does not protrude far enough so I have to use something pointy and small (i.e. a paperclip) to press it (in other words, using a finger nail doesn’t press it).

Question: Can you check your H1/H2/H3 body and tell me if you can press this button with your finger nail and let me know here or privately?

Why: I sent my brand new H3DII in to get this button adjusted (so I can use my finger nail) and Hasselblad New Jersey says they tested it with a pencil and it works fine - that I should use a pencil - they returned the camera to my dealer (Fotocare in NYC) without fixing it. I just want to find out if you guys can use your finger nail or not.

Thanks for your help. Be well.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=190178\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Well of course.

Every photographer carries a pencil with them when we shoot in the lab, uh I mean studio.

JR
Pages: [1]   Go Up