Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Leopard and i1 Photo/Display2, i1Match?  (Read 6277 times)

laarree

Leopard and i1 Photo/Display2, i1Match?
« on: April 16, 2008, 02:28:34 pm »

I upgraded my Mac Pro to Leopard very recently, during a period of time when I had
gotten extremely lazy about calibrating my monitor.  I have an i1 Display 2 colorimeter
and an i1 Photo spectrophotometer, and was disheartened to see today on XRite's website
that i1 Match for Mac is "... not yet officially tested or supported." with Leopard.

Is anyone here in the know about what the future holds for using these devices and
their supporting software with Leopard?  Will I be forced to keep Tiger installed somewhere
just to use them (I still do have Tiger installed on another internal hard drive just in case).

jliechty

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 02:40:30 pm »

I upgraded my Mac Pro to Leopard very recently, during a period of time when I had
gotten extremely lazy about calibrating my monitor.  I have an i1 Display 2 colorimeter
and an i1 Photo spectrophotometer, and was disheartened to see today on XRite's website
that i1 Match for Mac is "... not yet officially tested or supported." with Leopard.

Is anyone here in the know about what the future holds for using these devices and
their supporting software with Leopard?  Will I be forced to keep Tiger installed somewhere
just to use them (I still do have Tiger installed on another internal hard drive just in case).
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=189985\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I have been using i1 Match 3.6.2 and an i1 Display 2 on a MacBook Pro with 10.5.2.  It calibrates both the laptop's LCD and the external LCD without any problems.

laarree

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 05:59:04 pm »

I have been using i1 Match 3.6.2 and an i1 Display 2 on a MacBook Pro with 10.5.2.  It calibrates both the laptop's LCD and the external LCD without any problems.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=189986\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thank you!  Good to know.  

francois

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2008, 06:16:28 am »

I have been using i1 Match 3.6.2 and an i1 Display 2 on a MacBook Pro with 10.5.2.  It calibrates both the laptop's LCD and the external LCD without any problems.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=189986\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Same here on a MacBook Pro and a Dual G5 (running Mac OS X 10.5.2).
Francois

laarree

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2008, 04:07:14 am »

Same here on a MacBook Pro and a Dual G5 (running Mac OS X 10.5.2).
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=190108\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Double-good to know!

I still wonder what XRite's plan is for software to support the i1 product line as time goes on.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 04:07:26 am by laarree »

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2008, 05:52:59 am »

Double-good to know!

I still wonder what XRite's plan is for software to support the i1 product line as time goes on.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=190334\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The  i1Pro and its cousin the i1 Display are at the moment the standard instruments in the industry - I'm fairly sure Xrite will support them for a long time. And if they don't there are always third party software publishers - Don't forget color management is a very conservative industry. People don't really start to trust a "new instrument" until it's been around for more than a year and has been compared to the previous generation.

Edmund
« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 05:54:54 am by eronald »
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

laarree

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2008, 01:17:47 am »

The  i1Pro and its cousin the i1 Display are at the moment the standard instruments in the industry - I'm fairly sure Xrite will support them for a long time. And if they don't there are always third party software publishers - Don't forget color management is a very conservative industry. People don't really start to trust a "new instrument" until it's been around for more than a year and has been compared to the previous generation.

Edmund
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=190568\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

That all makes sense.  I hope what you say is true.
Pages: [1]   Go Up