DarkPenguin

So...
« on: April 15, 2008, 11:12:51 pm »

Who buys prints?  What of?  By who?

DarkPenguin

So...
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 12:15:46 pm »

That's kind of what I thought.

I'll start.  I do.  So far just landscapes.  MR (through photo technique mag), Andy Biggs, Brooks Jensen (at $20 each I should just buy all the ones he has up for sale), Jim Brandenburg and John Shaw.

(I also like to print out LoC images.  Some of those scans take hours and hours to dust spot.  Yeeg.)

JDClements

• http://www.jdanielclements.com
So...
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 05:56:35 pm »

I bought a large version of "Spirit of Our Land (Algonguin)" by Andrew Collette, and just ordered the two Winter Trees folios from Brooks Jensen. Other than that, a picture of a red wing blackbird by Brian Mantrop and that's it.

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
So...
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2008, 12:50:46 am »

Well, I probably would except that where we live right now we're rather short on wall space and we have a number of art pieces that are either unframed or framed and in boxes.  Thats doesn't really answer your question, though.

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

David Sutton

• David Sutton Photography
So...
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2008, 04:36:17 am »

I'm afraid I seem to be turning into the eternal enthusiast. Every time I see an image I really like (such as the current home page "Golden Path") I just want to grab my camera and go out and do my own version. End up with something totally different of course, but I am enjoying getting out in the country more. Can't wait for winter.
David

DarkPenguin

So...
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2008, 08:51:11 am »

Well, I probably would except that where we live right now we're rather short on wall space and we have a number of art pieces that are either unframed or framed and in boxes.  Thats doesn't really answer your question, though.

Mike.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=190076\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Well, lets go with that.  What would you buy?

DarkPenguin

So...
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2008, 08:54:15 am »

I'm afraid I seem to be turning into the eternal enthusiast. Every time I see an image I really like (such as the current home page "Golden Path") I just want to grab my camera and go out and do my own version. End up with something totally different of course, but I am enjoying getting out in the country more. Can't wait for winter.
David
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=190097\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I kind of wondered about this.  If I think I can get to a place and make my own version I'm unlikely to consider buying a print.  If I can't then it goes way up on the list.

Stuarte

• http://
So...
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2008, 12:00:50 pm »

Not me.  My investment is in photo books, equipment and learning.   I've never done any digital printing but my intention is to get to the point of having a dozen or so photos of sufficient quality that I'll be able to print 'em up big and hang them round the home.

When I buy hangable art, it's paintings and lithographs that I could never expect to create myself.

At a pinch I could imagine buying photographic prints as "collectibles", with a view to investment.

Geoff Wittig

So...
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2008, 03:53:47 pm »

Who buys prints?  What of?  By who?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=189857\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I have one of Don Kirby's gelatin silver "Wheat Country" prints from Lenswork's late lamented digital negative darkroom print series. I also have three or four inkjet sepia prints from a local (Rochester area) photographer whose work I enjoy. Most available wall space goes to my own prints though.

I fantasize on occasion about purchasing one of Christopher Burkett's or Robert Glenn Ketchum's Ilfochromes, but I content myself with books. Whenever I have that kind of money lying around I tend to buy another lens.  
Pages: [1]   Go Up