Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recommended Reading  (Read 2465 times)

Daniel Arnaldi

• http://www.danielarnaldi.com
Recommended Reading
« on: April 15, 2008, 09:03:52 pm »

Like me I'm sure that there are a few people here that visit the Lenswork website. Recently Brooks Jensen the editor of Lenswork, recommended a website by one of the magazines regular contributors Bill Jay.

Bill Jay has been writing about photography for decades and his new site contains many articles from over the years, not to mention some of his excellent photography.

His website is www.billjayonphotography.com

The subjects of many of his articles are what I find the most fascinating, the article about the number of photographers that died from poisoning and explosions in the 19th century was especially interesting. I doubt that there were as many deaths of war photographers as there were of studio portrait photographers at the time.

Another interesting one which also focused on the 19th century was his analysis of the asking prices of portrait and fine art photography compared to the present day, and the impact that new technology had on prices at the time, I couldn't help recognising a contemporary pattern, absolutely amazing stuff well worth your time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up