Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Buying 120 & E-6 Labs Near Fresno  (Read 9834 times)

tgphoto

Buying 120 & E-6 Labs Near Fresno
« on: April 15, 2008, 12:17:22 pm »

Hi,

I'm planning an extended visit out to Kings Canyon and am hoping someone can recommend both a shop that sells 120,  and a good lab in the Fresno area that can develop 120, E-6.  A quick search on Google Maps produced these two labs:

Horn Photo

Fotech Photo Imaging

Anyone have experience with either lab?

Also, is there a place that sells 120 in the area?  I plan to bring a ton of film but it'd be nice to know what's available, just in case.

Thanks!

Tim
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 12:19:07 pm by tgphoto »

Paul Sumi

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2008, 05:25:10 pm »

Hi,

I'm planning an extended visit out to Kings Canyon and am hoping someone can recommend both a shop that sells 120,  and a good lab in the Fresno area that can develop 120, E-6.  A quick search on Google Maps produced these two labs:

Horn Photo

Fotech Photo Imaging

Anyone have experience with either lab?

Also, is there a place that sells 120 in the area?  I plan to bring a ton of film but it'd be nice to know what's available, just in case.

Thanks!

Tim
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=189717\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I can't speak for Fresno, but since I see you are based in Chicago, are you flying to Calififornia?  If so, which airport?  You may be better off buying and processing in the major city nearest to Fresno (probably San Francisco area) than in Fresno.

Paul
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 09:20:17 pm by PaulS »

snickgrr

• http://
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2008, 08:29:18 pm »

If you do end up processing in SF, the de facto lab for the whole bay area used to be The New Lab.  They probably still are the lab to go to but back in the film days, they ruled the land.  They knew what they were doing, had a great great staff and bend over backward customer service.

Oh, and if you're waiting for your film, walk up to the corner of 4th and Bryant to the Utah for a drink or two.  Back in the day, it was where you could walk in at any point in the day and run into shooters, both local and out of towners.  

http://www.newlab.com/
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 09:31:47 pm by snickgrr »

tgphoto

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2008, 11:00:45 pm »

Thanks for the tips!  I plan to drive out there, shooting along the way.  Probably spend 2 weeks out there.  SF is a possibility I guess, but was hoping there'd be someplace closer.  This helps me in planning though - looks like I'll be packing a cooler full of film!

Paul Sumi

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2008, 12:26:29 am »

An idea - try posting this question on the Fred Miranda site (fredmiranda.com), if you haven't done so already.  Not sure which forum is best, but try the landscape forum.  There may be more people at Fred Miranda familiar with the Fresno area (film-wise), since it is a gateway to the western Sierra.

Where else are you planning to photograph?  There are a number of people here who are familiar with the Sierras, Yosemite, Owens Valley, Death Valley, Big Sur (on the coast), etc.  Also if you 'search' here on those keywords, you'll find a number of old message threads on these topics.

Paul
« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 12:30:46 am by PaulS »

matt4626

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2008, 12:56:00 pm »

Boot's Photo on Blackstone in Fresno.(559 432-0446) You don't really have to go the "Big City". Large store, all major brands & even film in the frig!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up