Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: photo reps  (Read 3321 times)

stacibeth

photo reps
« on: April 14, 2008, 03:36:12 pm »

How do you go about getting a photo rep?,  Are there any reps/agencies, one might reccommend? Is it a good idea?

Any advice?

David J

photo reps
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2008, 01:00:33 am »

I have been asking myself this same question. I have contacted about a dozen reps in Chicago and got two responses. Sorry we are not looking for any talent right now. Or the other reply was no reply at all. I have emailed called on and tried to talk with several magazines to get more work and that has seemed to be a dead end also for now. I will keep trying I think the key is finding a rep that likes your work and may have clients that fit your style of shooting. I have asisted a couple photographers with reps that were great and some that well you know.  I know a couple catalog houses closed up this year and last which put a few photographer out of work. Some companies are doing there own photography. Like U-line, Kohls, JC Penny, Bass Pro shops, Cabelas, Swiss Colony, They seem to want 8-10 years of digital experience and low end salaries. Let me know if you find anything and I'll do the same.
David
Pages: [1]   Go Up