Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sensor particles on my 1Ds Mk lll.  (Read 4858 times)

Bev Hadland

Sensor particles on my 1Ds Mk lll.
« on: April 14, 2008, 11:24:42 am »

Having just upgraded from the 5D to the 1Ds lll there seems to be a particle well three in fact on the llls sensor, not the normal dust specks these are handled ok with the in camera cleaning system.
Perhaps if I describe them someone might know what they are, they are in the same position so its not on any of my lenses. Best described as a black circle with a pure white dot  in the middle and pin sharp unlike dust which are blurred these are sharp !!!!!!!. Needless to say it's been shipped back to Canon at a considerable exspence £22.0 in our money and $45 in dollars.
Any suggestions please.

Jonathan Wienke

• http://visual-vacations.com/
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 01:28:34 pm »

Post a sample image.

Bev Hadland

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2008, 10:56:30 am »

Having just upgraded from the 5D to the 1Ds lll there seems to be a particle well three in fact on the llls sensor, not the normal dust specks these are handled ok with the in camera cleaning system.
Perhaps if I describe them someone might know what they are, they are in the same position so its not on any of my lenses. Best described as a black circle with a pure white dot  in the middle and pin sharp unlike dust which are blurred these are sharp !!!!!!!. Needless to say it's been shipped back to Canon at a considerable exspence £22.0 in our money and $45 in dollars.
Any suggestions please.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=189414\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Jonathan Wienke

• http://visual-vacations.com/
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2008, 11:10:27 am »

You've got some hot pixels, which are a sensor problem. Canon should either replace the sensor or the camera.

Bev Hadland

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2008, 01:16:21 pm »

You've got some hot pixels, which are a sensor problem. Canon should either replace the sensor or the camera.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=189697\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks Jonathan I rather thought as much when I enlarged the image and saw they were pixels.
Many thanks for your time.
Bev.
Pages: [1]   Go Up