Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Camera Raw 4 4 1  (Read 2781 times)

Sean Evison

Camera Raw 4 4 1
« on: April 13, 2008, 02:54:34 am »

After downloading Camera Raw 4 4 1 any LAB files I open via Bridge or CS3 show as totally black - the image "comes back" if I convert to RGB... any ideas?

01af

Camera Raw 4 4 1
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2008, 03:17:11 am »

After downloading Camera Raw 4 4 1 any Lab files I open via Bridge or CS3 show as totally black - the image "comes back" if I convert to RGB... any ideas?[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=189136\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
First thing to try in cases like this: reset the preferences, in both Photoshop and Bridge. How to accomplish this depends on your OS.

I used to have the same issue with Lab files in Photoshop CS3 (Windows XP SP2) months ago. They would show up as solid black, even though the single L, a, and b channels in the Channels palette were fine. Resetting the preferences didn't help. Re-installing Photoshop from scratch solved the problem for me; it hasn't returned even though I updated Camera Raw several times since then.

-- Olaf

Sean Evison

Camera Raw 4 4 1
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2008, 12:11:58 pm »

First thing to try in cases like this: reset the preferences, in both Photoshop and Bridge. How to accomplish this depends on your OS.

I used to have the same issue with Lab files in Photoshop CS3 (Windows XP SP2) months ago. They would show up as solid black, even though the single L, a, and b channels in the Channels palette were fine. Resetting the preferences didn't help. Re-installing Photoshop from scratch solved the problem for me; it hasn't returned even though I updated Camera Raw several times since then.

-- Olaf
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=189138\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Olaf,
I have tried resetting the preferences but with no success. I assume that Camera Raw 4 4 1 works fine with your LAB files.

Short of reinstalling is there anything else I can try? I tried to go back to the previous version of Camera Raw but this made no difference - do you understand how CS3 is updated by the Camera Raw update as this might give me something else to go on...

Many thanks.

Sean.

Panopeeper

Camera Raw 4 4 1
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2008, 12:19:46 pm »

I tried to go back to the previous version of Camera Raw but this made no difference
Excuse me if you know how to do that, but I read many posts on the Adobe forum about incorrect installation of ACR.

Following is true only re Windows, CS3 (it is different from previous PS versions):

1. Camera Raw.8bi has to be placed in "Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CD3\File Formats"

2. Any other version has to be *removed* from that folder (*not renamed*). I copy all versions in a folder named SavedVersions.

3. PS has to be restarted (not Windows).
Gabor
Pages: [1]   Go Up