Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My Apologies To The Forum  (Read 2084 times)

Mort54

• http://
My Apologies To The Forum
« on: April 12, 2008, 06:31:26 pm »

I wish to apologize to the forum. In responding to another thread, I lost my temper and let things go further than they should have. I still believe passionately in my original position, that you don't say bad things about another person without facts to back it up, especially when the other person isn't there to defend themselves. But all the rest of the stuff that got said in that thread, by me and another person, was way out of line.

One of the reasons I so like this forum, and this site in general, is that there is still some level of decorum and politeness. I don't want to see it degenerate into something resembling another well known site. And I certainly don't want to be partially responsible for causing such a degeneration.

So, again, I apologize.
I Reject Your Reality And Substitute My

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2008, 08:01:57 pm »

I wish to apologize to the forum. In responding to another thread, I lost my temper and let things go further than they should have. I still believe passionately in my original position, that you don't say bad things about another person without facts to back it up, especially when the other person isn't there to defend themselves. But all the rest of the stuff that got said in that thread, by me and another person, was way out of line.

One of the reasons I so like this forum, and this site in general, is that there is still some level of decorum and politeness. I don't want to see it degenerate into something resembling another well known site. And I certainly don't want to be partially responsible for causing such a degeneration.

So, again, I apologize.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=189072\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

No offense intended, no offense given, I'm sure.

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

jecxz

• http://www.jecxz.com
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2008, 08:57:04 pm »

So, again, I apologize.
Nothing to apologize for, you handled yourself like a mensch, which I can't say for the fellow who has to catch a "flight to Milan." Don't think anything more about it.

thsinar

• http://www.sinarcameras.com
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2008, 09:19:49 pm »

Mort,

I guess a vast majority can understand you loosing temper and are with you on this.

I would say that even though there would be facts, one should not attack somebody or saying bad things, especially behind anonymity.

It is eventually his own life and he is free to handle and live it the way which suits him, without having to come under such attacks. And by doing so, he does not take away anything from us nor does he harm anybody, does he? He is successful, so what? Does it hinder ourselves to be it as well, in our own way? Let him be what he is or want to be, do appreciate what he is doing or not, but don't attack him.

Thierry

I still believe passionately in my original position, that you don't say bad things about another person without facts to back it up, especially when the other person isn't there to defend themselves. But all the rest of the stuff that got said in that thread, by me and another person, was way out of line.
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up