Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: z3100 APS target size  (Read 1350 times)

Charles Gast

z3100 APS target size
« on: April 11, 2008, 11:10:07 am »

I profiled with the large target TC9.18 using 17 roll media and told APS to optimize to paper width the print layout. It profiled ok.  I did not like the way the profile worked in skin tone prints so I went back and made a new custom paper for Silver Rag and chose for the media type  Fine art pearl more ink. The first time I used just Fine art pearl.   The new paper calibration worked fine. When I used APS to profile the new paper type I chose BOTH in the print layout so it would optimize to paper width and cut to allow rescanning. Problem is now it failed in the scan. I put the target back in and it thought it was getting sheet 1 of 2. There is only one target sheet 17 x 20 inch. It scanned it in then waited for sheet 2. I put the same and only target back in and it scanned only the first two or so lines of patches then said it had successfully finished the profiling. Problem is the profile is really off badly so it got bad data.
Is it possible that 17 roll media simply won't work with the TC9.18 target?
Is it supposed to be able to utilize this target on multiple 11x17 sheets?  I remember complaints in the past that it would only work with roll media but I thought I heard that was changed

Thanks for any info!

neil snape

• http://www.neilsnape.com
z3100 APS target size
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 01:38:29 pm »

It definitely will accept 11x17" charts on sheet media. I'm not sure about the optimization of 17" roll media for both chart and re-submitting for reading is going to work. I usually used optimised for size and it worked as such. They can be re-submitted in larger sizes just the same , I just don't know for sure for 17" which are optimised for size only. Apparently you found it doesn't work for size and remeasure.
Pages: [1]   Go Up